cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Cannot make calls whilst call barring is on". Call barring isn't on on my phone...

S10e
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi all,

As the title suggests, I'm unable to make calls on my phone because of call barring. However, call barring isn't on in my phone menu (new Galaxy S10e), and my bill is up to date. This only started yesterday evening. I can't call O2 to ask, and their Guru widget is permanently loading... Any ideas?
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23071 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

@S10e You can call customer service for free using Skype on 0800 032 13402

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Off-Topic/A-Guide-To-Skype/m-p/1305104

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@S10e 

Check for any network issues here O2 Service Status

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 9

S10e
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks folks! I tried Skype, but it kept saying no answer and disconnecting. Also, network coverage is fine. It affects texts and calls, but not data, which is fine. Any other ideas? This has me baffled.
Message 4 of 9

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@S10e 

It sounds like the phone is network barred.

Where did you get it from?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 9

S10e
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Got it from Carphone Warehouse just under a year ago. I've been abroad and such since I've got it and no worries. It's only started in the last 24hours, if that.
Message 6 of 9

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@S10e 

It may have been barred in error then, assuming your bills are alll paid up.

You'll have to persevere with customer services to check Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

Currently using:
Message 7 of 9

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@S10e 

You can check here although may not be updated as it's only just been barred https://www.imei.info/

Currently using:
Message 8 of 9

S10e
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks for the further help. I couldn't find anything on the IMEI site to suggest it has been barred. I've DMed O2 on Twitter. I think I'll just have to wait and see what they say. If I get it sorted, I'll post the solution.
Message 9 of 9