cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

price matching rivals

Anonymous
Not applicable

anyone else tried to get o2 to price match other networks? seen great offers on t mobile for unlimited data, 500 mins, unlimited texts and free phone for £27 p/m. tried to get them to match this or at least give me 4gb (highest they do) but all i get offered was the same as what you can see on the shop section of the website. id rather stay with o2 if i could but it seems they wont budge on this....or has anybody had any luck? thanks

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
You won't get unlimited data on O2 and the reason some networks are cheaper is because the coverage is poorer so they have to try and entice customers in different ways.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
You won't get unlimited data on O2 and the reason some networks are cheaper is because the coverage is poorer so they have to try and entice customers in different ways.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

As Mi5 says the other networks are in my experience not as good as o2 and you do get what you pay for!

Message 3 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Great topic.

O2 are lagging so far behind in data plans it's laughable.
TMobile and Three both offer unlimited data - download until your phone melts 24/7/365 - for around 25£ a month.

No small print fair usage rubbish. Truly unlimited.

O2's offering just doesn't compete.

The only reason I'm presently still on O2 is because I havent had time to sort this matter out and i had hoped they'd wake up in the interim.

oh well.
Message 4 of 10

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
With over 22 million customers on O2 all downloading unlimited amounts of data the network would soon come to a grinding halt.....
ps T Mob do cap data too btw wink

Currently using:
Message 5 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Tmobile according to latest news has been throttling download data connections during daytime working hours.

fair point.

As for O2 not offering unlimited data, because they have 22 million customers, well thats upside down logic.

If they don't improve and keep up or try to with what the competitors are doing they'll fall further behind. surely.

Again this is in the context of data provision. I can't remember the last time I made a voice call or text for that matter.

I'm strictly comparing data offerings.
Message 6 of 10

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
I agree and we all hope that 4G will bring the improvements required to allow for higher download limits. However, with the current infrastructure it's just not feasible. O2 did a study that showed on average, customers used less than 500mb per month (cell data) due to the availability of wifi which is something that O2 have in more places than any other network (some networks don't even have wifi at all)....

Currently using:
Message 7 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

ive found same phone still on o2 with better package for less o2 promised to price match but when i gave link they refused

im seriously thinking about leaving o2 and going to another providor  

even staying on o2 via carphone warehous you get a better deal but i dont want to use carphone warehouse as my ex wife had lots of problems with carphone warehouse passing details to other companys

ive been direct o2 customer for about 20 years but still cant get a good deal they offered a big discount if i stayed with them a couple of months ago if i upgraded turns out that was £1 off call tarrif  i was that mad i put the phone down  but time is right now to get new phone so looking round other companys

Message 8 of 10

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Go with whatever you are happy with. If you get a better deal with the same or better coverage go for it - why wouldn't you.......?

Currently using:
Message 9 of 10

jonsie
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

I would be going with the deal that is best for me. Don't harbour any thoughts of loyalty, they won't be reciprocated.

Message 10 of 10