cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 pay as go go go freebie whats happening here?

Anonymous
Not applicable

well here is something strange eh?

Go to following link

http://shop.o2.co.uk/tariffs/Pay_and_Go

and it says

OFFER: Top-up before 24th December to get extra data every month for 6 months*

So i topped up yesterday and was supposed to get an extra 150mb data.anyway only thing showing up both on my phone app and my web account showed only my usual allowances.

So i ring up customer services and it took a while for him to find it as he was not aware of the offer.anyway he said he would sort it even if he had to manually add the extra 150mb data for the next six months.

so ok and he would get it sorted with relevant team.

Anyway 2 hours later 2 texts first saying my 150mb data had been added second one to say it would be added for next six months.

Great i thought,but checked my phone app and my o2 allowance its not showing anywhere at all.

so i use web chat and tell the chap all about it and he confirms that its been added.but i say yes but how do i see what ive got so i can monitor it.

he did not know so had to hang on then he comes back and says

its a virtual allowance and is there to use but will not show

so i say yes but once i have used my normal allowance how will i know what i still have?

cannot answer just its a virtual allowance and its there

ok but i still need to know what i have left to use or if i go over then i pay per mb

finally well i will have to pass it on

so no solution yet and have checked and its still not showing anyhere

Think its very stupid of o2 to give something that is not able to show or monitor

Can anybody else make any comments on it 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
The "virtual data" (ironic haha) will be used before your allowance don't worry.

I know its a pest:(
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

it would be ok if it did use the virtual data first before my usual data allowance.

however thats not happening cos its reducing from my data allowance as its used.

Message 3 of 4

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Hmm, it hasn't been added. I can only advise calling CS sorry:(
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 4 of 4