cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 and there silly restrictions

Anonymous
Not applicable

iv just joined o2 and i have to say im SERIOUSLY considering cancelling the so called "contract" where your not allowed to do jack ******!

i cant use youtube, i cant use facebook, i cant use iplayer, i cant use vpn - im paying for this bloody contract and i do not appreciate being forced to use it the way this flamin network want me to. you buy a contract with data and your not even allowed to use it!!!!!!!

I EVEN GET ASKED FOR AGE VERIFICATION TO VIEW CBEEBIES FOR MY SON FFS!!!

first chance i get im cancelling this stupid contract - you cant even call it a contract its more like a digital prision! cbeebies, what the hell is wrong with cbeebies ffs its a kids network. the worst network iv ever joined by far

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi. Unfortunately yes. I was told to download a VPN to my iPhone. Which is ok but that's not my problem. The VPN on the phone only works on the phone. I already have a VPN on my laptop and I use my phone as a wifi hotspot. However the laptop VPN is blocked from sigining in or even connecting. So I'm now paying a subscription for a VPN I can't even access.
Oddly I can now access YouTube though. It doesn't load fully but it works.

Iv also tried activating the VPN on the phone and using the hotspot but again I get the same result. I still can't understand why o2 block them they don't do any harm and there not meliscious in anyway. It does feel like o2 treat us all like criminals or something until we prove otherwise. Which is there job not ours. They shouldn't label everyone with the same label many of us are genuine decent people just trying to use the services we pay for.

Put another way. If you bought a house with land. You wouldn't like to be told which members of your family couldn't go in that house or you couldn't walk or park on your own drive way after paying for it. It's essentially the same thing.

At the moment I'm having to access other services via friends and my own home wifi.
Message 11 of 11