cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new contract

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello ,

I have just signed up a 24 month contract for a sony experia J.  It says I get free 50 minutes a month , unlimited txts and 24mb s.(£13.50)  This suits me as I always text.  I havent phoned anyone on the phone at all since recieving it today but when i look at my bill on line it sats I have !! also the internet has been left on and i didnt know untill my boss at work told me -and now i have nearly used all my monthly mb data .  

The salesperson in the shop did download priority moments app for me - but i said I was nt going to use the internet that much - now i carnt anyway its nearly gone and dont want to go over the £13.50 a month 

un- experienced contract 02 customer! 😕

Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
thank-you , I wish she told me this in the shop , as i did tell her i was new to this . What would anyone recommend for a beginner ?
All phones that O2 do on contract are a smart phone of some degree. Overall they are simple to use once you get the hang of them but they are different to what you may be used to. They won't use your mins unless you make a call, it's just the data that can get used "automatically" by the phone as that is what they are designed for. Once you know how to turn data on and off when you want it you will be fine.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 12 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You won't get charged for going over. Your connection just gets cut off until next month.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

does any ones bill normally go over the price its suppose to be ? so like the £13.50Smiley Indifferent

Message 3 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

or do u not cheers ,  but im gutted its nearly all gone !!  n i havnt even been on facebook on it or anything !!

@Anonymous wrote:

does any ones bill normally go over the price its suppose to be ? so like the £13.50Smiley Indifferent

Message 4 of 12

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Only if you make calls that are not free in your allowance or send MMS messages. You will also get charged for data daily unless you have it as part of your package.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 12

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You can still connect to data with wifi which is free to use.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 12

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

You shouldn't get charged any extra for data as the connection is just slowed to a point where it is unusable. Unfortunately that means you will only be able to access data via wifi but at least that's free.

Be aware that apps are continually updating in the background  so you need to see which apps are running via the settings and manage your usage accordingly. Most people turn off mobile data when at home or wherever there is free wifi such as work or in cafe's etc.

Message 7 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
omg thanks, I think i want to take it back tomorrow , as I dont trust it !I really havnt phoned anyone and its took minutes off - I like simple things in life

Message 8 of 12

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

You are within your 7 day cooling off period, so you will be able to return it, but be aware that if you change it for a different smartphone you will have the same problems with the phone updating apps and using up your data allowance. If you're looking for a simple phone, you shouldn't get another smartphone.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 9 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
thank-you , I wish she told me this in the shop , as i did tell her i was new to this . What would anyone recommend for a beginner ?
Message 10 of 12