Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMessage Activation

Rdlangy1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Recently moved to O2 from "3" and new sim has been in phone a few days but cannot send or receive SMS or iMessage.

Have an iphone 11 - latest software e.t.c.

Had to call O2 to get 4G and Wifi calling activated, and most of the Apple help forums state if I get the message "iMessage awaiting activation" it could be because SMS hasn't been activated by O2 either.

Tried to call them last night and they said they couldn't see an issue but to wait another 24hrs.

been waiting 72hrs since sim and number port has completed and yet I still get no SMS messages if sent to me and no iMessage unless sent to my apple email address!

Anyone help?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@Rdlangy1 

We saw this issue yesterday with another member. Ports are taking ages to complete under the current situation and texts are usually the last part of the process. Apart from rebooting your phone, I'm afraid it's another call to O2.

All numbers are in this guide. Use any of them to get through Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 4

Rdlangy1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi There,

Thanks for the prompt reply..

Have rung O2 again 20mins ago and they say everything still looks fine there end.

I have checked -

• date and time zone settings
  • phone number is showing as correct one (it wasn't initially!)
  • 4G and Wifi calling is now enabled and showing on account (last nights call to O2)
  • Rebooted the phone every hour since 6pm-10pm last night and 4:30am till 8:30am this morning
  • turned iMessage on and off each time as well (it shows an error message when turned on)

O2 just said to wait another 24hrs...SIGH !!

Ryan

Message 3 of 4

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12069 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
As for imessaging, you need to go into settings > my phone > number and change to the correct one.
Once done, reboot the phone and it should be fine.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 4 of 4