Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

changing account holder

wizzaj
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

at the noement the registred account holder of the iphone 7 in which i use is that of my mums, but the payment and the registered payment card is of mine ebcause its my phone and i am the one who pays for it, i just got an early upgrade how do i change the account holder from being my mum to being me? 

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

In effect you can't. You will need to end that contract and take a new one out in your own name. Even though the bank account details are your own, the name on a contract cannot be changed. Ideally you would have done this when your upgrade was done. The only way now is to pay off the device part of the Refresh contract and then give 30 days notice on the airtime. Then take out a contract in your own name and your mum can arrange the migration of the phone number which at the moment belongs to her.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

In effect you can't. You will need to end that contract and take a new one out in your own name. Even though the bank account details are your own, the name on a contract cannot be changed. Ideally you would have done this when your upgrade was done. The only way now is to pay off the device part of the Refresh contract and then give 30 days notice on the airtime. Then take out a contract in your own name and your mum can arrange the migration of the phone number which at the moment belongs to her.

Message 2 of 3

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22946 Posts
  • 1024 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@wizzaj In addition to what @jonsie has explained, even though you're paying the bill now, I believe you would also still need to pass a credit check to get a contract in your name as well.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 3