Did you mean: 

Wi-fi calling- again

Welshmaninexile
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Morning.
I’ve just started a pay monthly contract with O2, and enabled Wi-fi calling thru “my devices” on O2 account. I’m on an iPhone XS Max, running latest firmware and carrier settings but Wi-fi calling refuses to enable, keeps sending me back to the o2 website. I’ve tried resetting, deleting network settings etc with no joy. Getting really frustrated as in work I cannot get a signal and am reliant on Wi-fi calling- had no issues with previous provider. Any advice as to how to take this forward as it’s vital for my day to day . Thanks a lot
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144145 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions

@Welshmaninexile 

Customer service need to enable it first on your account and it takes a few days for new numbers / contracts to be set up.

Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

The best number to call on appears to be 0800 587 4005

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

Welshmaninexile
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks for that response. Showing as active on my account and customer service confirmed it. They are trying to get a guru to contact me so stumped for now!
Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 144145 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions

@Welshmaninexile 

As long as it is active via customer service it will just need a few days to update on the system.

It's running slowly at the moment so expect about 3 to 4 days before it works.

You'll need to keep rebooting your phone to check if it's gone through though.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 4