cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vat receipts

Anonymous
Not applicable

Why cant we just print off the vat receipt, I dont need the other 15 pages odd.

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

We've heard nothing here yet perhaps @Toby can respond to this?

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 11 of 17

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93236 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions
Message 12 of 17

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous 

We're still looking into this. I'll hopefully have some more info soon.

Cheers

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 13 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Tried live chat 2 weeks ago then again this morning but couldn't get them to understand that a VAT invoice is different to a payment schedule which is what O2 are issuing now. Asked them to escalate but the chat person said I should phone. So, after 15 minute call they again promised to send one. I'm holding my breath!

Message 14 of 17

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93236 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Tried live chat 2 weeks ago then again this morning but couldn't get them to understand that a VAT invoice is different to a payment schedule which is what O2 are issuing now. Asked them to escalate but the chat person said I should phone. So, after 15 minute call they again promised to send one. I'm holding my breath!

Good god, I feel for you mate.

Message 15 of 17

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

I'm not too encouraged that anything will change soon, I hope I'm wrong.  In 2008 I used to get VAT invoices but then they would stop, my accountant was very laid back and said not to worry, but I wish I had made more of this at the time.  

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 16 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Getting large companies to comply with statutory regulations is like walking through treacle! VAT regs dictate that a full VAT invoice should be provided on any sale if the customer asks. If the amount of the sale is below a certain amount (currently I think it's £70) then a till receipt or similar can be used provided it contains the supplier's VAT number. However over this amount a full VAT invoice is required showing all the statutory information. The amount to be reclaimed might be an insignifcant amount to a large company like O2 but to VAT registered individuals it's significant. Not sure what can be done to get O2 to either revert to original system or play the game as it should be. However it would certainly be raised at my next VAT inspection. Only then will HMRC get involved.

Message 17 of 17