Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade

Soph3
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have just upgraded my phone but can see a new DD has been set up in my bank and the old one is still there. Do I need to cancel the old DD for the old contract which I paid off?

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23071 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

@Soph3 If you're absolutely 100% certain that there's nothing left to pay on your old contract you can cancel the old DD, but my advice would be to be on the safe side, you should leave it in place for another month. If there's nothing to pay, then nothing will get debited. We've seen horror stories here from people whose credit ratings were ruined because of a few £'s that didn't get paid from an old account, so it's probably better to err on the side of caution.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23071 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

@Soph3 If you're absolutely 100% certain that there's nothing left to pay on your old contract you can cancel the old DD, but my advice would be to be on the safe side, you should leave it in place for another month. If there's nothing to pay, then nothing will get debited. We've seen horror stories here from people whose credit ratings were ruined because of a few £'s that didn't get paid from an old account, so it's probably better to err on the side of caution.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 3

GreenBadger
Level 4: Observant
  • 34 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Did you upgrade to refresh from a non refresh contract? As that would result in the set up of additional direct debits for the separate handset element of the plan

Message 3 of 3