cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Texting abroad

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi I'm just about to board a ferry to holland.
Could someone please help me. Both me and my husband have O2 I phones. Can we call and text each other from our allowance? If not how much does it cost. Also how much does it cost to do both to other mobiles? Also is it best to use the O2 travel for the data or the international rates for the data? Thanks so much in advance
Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

You cannot use your allowance. Be very careful, to be honest I would switch off the phones or at least roaming and mobile data. Otherwise you will connect to the ships network which will be very expensive, much higher rates than the country you will be visiting.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

You cannot use your allowance. Be very careful, to be honest I would switch off the phones or at least roaming and mobile data. Otherwise you will connect to the ships network which will be very expensive, much higher rates than the country you will be visiting.

Message 2 of 6

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Be careful as jonsie says you need to turn your phones or at least the data off on board the ship as the costs we have seen reported here can be very high.

Even close to the ship could be a problem if you have roaming turned on.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 3 of 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23138 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3685 Solutions

I have a feeling that the OP never saw either reply and there will be a horror story if they ever come back to the forum. It always puzzles me why people wait until either the very last minute, or they're already abroad when they ask those kind of questions. This seems to happen so many times.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 6

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

You're right, we can only hope they came back and got the warnings.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 5 of 6

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions