cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reconnection time?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Was disconnected. Called customer support (using a mate's phone) about two hours ago, paid over the phone, very helpful. Was told it'd probably be about an hour until the bars were lifted on my phone, was also told to turn the phone off for five minutes to speed up the process. Have been turning phone on and off for five minutes at a time since then. Still not reconnected.

Any idea how long can I expect it to take? And will an O2 shop be able to do anything about it if I take it to them tomorrow morning?

Thanks in advance.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
I was in the same situation, paid on Friday, still not reconnected! wasn't told about turning my phone off and on again though. Will try that, then I'm going to have to give them another call.
I understand that I didn't pay my bill on time, bad me. But I have now paid it (plus next months bill) and have not been allowed to use any of the minutes that I am entitled to....for 4 days!!
I hope your situation got sorted quicker than mine.
X
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
is there any more help on this anybody? i paid my bill over 8 hours ago! and ive still not been reconnected!! :@ and ive been switching my phone off n on every 10 mins or so
Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
2 to 24 hours is the time you should be quoted.
Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
If it was a complete disconnection and you phoned the automated service, then you will need to phone O2 to discuss reconnection. Otherwise, as above, about 24hrs.
Message 5 of 7

Reconnection
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I paid my bill there but I’m still not reconnected and I can’t even phone 02 as it won’t let me connect to them and I can’t get a hold of their online gurus. It also won’t update on my 02 app to say that I have paid my bill
Message 6 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Reconnection 

It can take upto 48 hours.

Keep rebooting whilst you wait.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 7