cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid by bill twice by mistake- Please help!

Anonymous
Not applicable

First time posting and need some advice.

Im on an o2 monthly contract of £35.95 a month. My October bill was due on the 29th October but I got my days and dates missed up and paid my bill by entering my debit card details through the 'my o2' section thinking the bill was overdue. But Octobers bill had already been automatically taken out of my bank account like it does every month.

As a result my account balance reads as '-35.95', I have spoke to o2 advisors about getting this refunded and was told on the 29th October by an o2 advisor that he would do that for me but will take 7-10 days. Then on Wednesday the 7th November I spoke to another advisor who told me the payment is still being processed. Then today I spoke again to an advisor whol told me i would have to phobe the o2 payment team to get it refunded as they only have the authority to do so, despite me being told that the refund is being processed on two seperate occasions by two seperate o2 advisors.

Its came to the stage where im fed up and considering just leaving the minus balance. But will my November bill be paid using the minus balance or will another £35.95 be withdrawn from my bank account to pay Novembers bill, which would still leave me with a minus balance.

If the minus balnce is used to pay my November bill then I will just leave it but Im worried o2 will take more money from my bank account despite have the credit on my account to pay Novembers bill. Can somebody please help me.

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

The overpayment should be used for your next bill.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

The overpayment should be used for your next bill.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 2 of 2