Did you mean: 

Overdue Account/s - Default Notice incurred

DarrenB98
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

So I have 3 Pay Monthly plans with O2 for 3 phones which is on a family plan. 

Due to the recent Coronavirus outbreak, I was laid off work and currently unemployed as of the 12th of March. I am starting a basic retail job in the next few days to source a form of income during this time. I am relatively short on money right now due to other bills I've had to pay as part of my monthly outgoings, and I've seen myself into a problem of now debt with O2 for the outstanding amount of £191.00 in total.

My typical bill due date is on the 15th of every month. As I expected to have funds in my account at that time it went unnoticed that the bills were not paid for. I received first notification from O2 on March 17th, second notification on 25th March in a Default Notice, and a third notification on the 31st.

I have made multiple efforts to contact O2's payment management team/debt team to remedy a resolve or a payment plan however to no avail. I have tried to contact the multiple numbers they've provided in the emails and from what I've seen online e.g 08001116121, 08000325302.

The Default Notice states that I must pay the arrears within 14 days of receiving it (no later than the 8th April). Currently the phone services are barred but the devices have not been disconnected yet.

Please understand I have full intention to pay once I have funds available and it will be prioritised. This is the first occurence that this has happened, I have always paid my bills on time and have a relatively healthy credit rating, however due to the above circumstances I've found myself in a dilemma.

What steps can I take to prevent further action taking place?

When is it likely that the devices will be disconnected if arrears isn't paid?

What other phone numbers directs you to the debt management helpline?

Thank you in advance.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144170 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@DarrenB98 

You can reach the Payment Management team on 0800 902 0217.

The opening times are:
Monday to Friday – 8am to 8pm
Saturday – 8am to 6pm
Sunday – 9am to 6pm

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

I'm sorry but there are no other numbers

You must keep trying to speak to them

Message 3 of 5

O2Kurt
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 84 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 2 Solutions
Hi Darren,
sorry to hear that. you'll need to give them a call they are there but very busy. either call at 8am as its the quietest or try using the Skype team details below.

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Off-Topic/A-Guide-To-Skype/m-p/1305104/highlight/true#M181823

good luck
Best regards
kurt
signature
Message 4 of 5

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions