Did you mean: 

Ongoing O2 Complaint

Dave202412E
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello everyone

I have had an ongoing known issue with O2 where a mast has been down in the area where I live and work, they have confirmed the issue when I originally phoned and complained.

The mast has been down for over 9 months now and it has meant traffic congestion on the closest available mast available, throughout the duration of this time I have been in the scenario that if I cant connect I am left in the situation where it will show I have a network connection and mobile data available but that's not the case and the phone is unusable.

I was given a £20 credit when I first complained but have kept the complaint open as the issue is still ongoing.

In the months that this has been going on they have contacted me only on 2 occasions with offers of £30 and then £50 but I have declined these as I pay £54 a month and have had issues for 9 months now.

My email complaint never received any response apart from the automated one that comes but as I say they have contacted me twice only in that whole time.

I asked for a letter of deadlock and was told this would be arranged, I chased them up about this 2 weeks later and was told I would have to email the complaints team and the previous agent had miss advised, I stated that they never reply to emails from my experience and insisted that the letter be raised, Im now a further 2 weeks down the line and absolutely no sign of the letter.

I had raised the case through a third party called resolver and they say I can now escalate this but the deadlock letter will better assist me.

I'm not sure what to do now as Ideally I would like fair compensation and/or the ability to be released from my contract without further penalty to go to another operator with better service.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 24051 Posts
  • 1048 Topics
  • 3777 Solutions

@Dave202412E Sorry to say, but I don't think there is anything we as customers can advise you of further. You seem to have done all the right things. There's nothing else you can do except keep pursuing O2 for a resolution. I think your only other option would be to seek legal advice, and that may prompt them into responding, but that would be your choice.

Just as an aside, as this mast problem has been ongoing for some time, do you use WiFi calling to get around the issue? WiFi and 4G Calling: Everything You Need To Know (o2.co.uk)

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 2