Did you mean: 

O2 Open Family and Friends discount

Faro
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I need some help with how to apply the F&F discount code to my daughter's account over the phone, please.

I gave my daughter one of the 2 codes given to me on the O2 Open website to use on her Upgrade, and we have been having issues trying to get the code applied to her account.

The Upgrade was done over the phone on Friday (**Personal info**), and the code was given to the advisor and, we were told that the code had to be entered by Customer services.  

We got put through to Customer services, and this then became a mighty big issue, as the advisor was asking all kind of questions - including "do you live at the same address?"

This question amongst many other were asked even though we quoted the bit on the open website which states -

Once you've signed up to O2 Open, you'll see two codes on your log in portal.  You can share these with your family and friends , so they can claim a 25% discount on their O2 Refresh Airtime Plan, for the length of their Device Plan.  They'll need to put these in the online voucher code box OR quote them to a phone advisor when they buy.

This statement was quoted a few times but was told by the advisor- No, only O2 employees can give these codes to F&F.  O2 open codes can only be used by the employee of the paricipating company!

We were kept holding on while the advisor kept putting us on hold, and back and forth! We had to tell the advisor that we were ending the call, and would call back the next day.

Next day, Saturday, 27 June, We called back and had to go through the same thing again, I was beginning to get really frustrated, because my daughter had done the upgrade on the basis that she would be getting a discount.  

This advisor did take the code, after my having to go through the whole reading the statement from the O2 Open website, but, said that the code would be entered on the Monday (today **Personal info**), as he would have to pass it on to a supervisor.

Now I'm worried that she has done the upgrade, and will have to cancel it because nobody seems to know what they should be doing with this code, and the 28 days will lapse before we can get a definite response. 

Failing that, she cancels the order, wait for the item to be returned (which we don't know how long this might take - due to the Covid impact on services), and then maybe re-order online, or better still, change to a New service provider,

The code works on the website - so why can't it work when doing the upgrade over the phone??

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144138 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions

@Faro 

Family plan needs all people at the same address.

Open discount doesn't.

Guide: O2 Open & Friends and Family discounts - How to sign up 

Call back and speak to another advisor.

Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

The best number to call on appears to be 0800 587 4005

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 144138 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions

@Faro 

Family plan needs all people at the same address.

Open discount doesn't.

Guide: O2 Open & Friends and Family discounts - How to sign up 

Call back and speak to another advisor.

Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

The best number to call on appears to be 0800 587 4005

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 4

Faro
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

M15

Thanks for your swift reply!

yep! That number is a good one!!

I've spoken to them again, and hopefully this is now sorted fingers_crossed

Thanks again!!

Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 144138 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
You're welcome

Currently using:
Message 4 of 4