cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple text messages sent

Anonymous
Not applicable

Recently recieved an OTA update for my HTC ONE M8, now sometimes when im texting the recipient is getting the same text 2, 3 sometimes 4 times at once and its not just one person either. I ve also noticed a delay sometimes upto an hour reciving text. Is there something i can do or is it down to the update ?

Message 1 of 31
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi you should try a factory reset first it's always recommended after a software upgrade if that doesn't solve it you may require a new SIM card which you can pick up from any O2 store

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 31
30 REPLIES 30

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi.

It's sometimes recommended a hard reset is carried out after a firmware update to ensure old files don't clash with new.

Make a back up first.

Also a sim swap to a new sim can help or clean your sim can also help.

But first try turning your phone off and in to reboot it.
Message 2 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi you should try a factory reset first it's always recommended after a software upgrade if that doesn't solve it you may require a new SIM card which you can pick up from any O2 store
Message 3 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable
To add put your postcode here http://status.o2.co.uk to ensure no work is being carried out which could cause the delays.
Message 4 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi thanks i`l try a hard reboot then and the sim card is brand new with the phone but i realise it could be faulty just seems too much of a coincidence for it not to be down to the update

Message 5 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable
Let us know a factory reset will hopefully solve it slight_smile
Message 6 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable
If you can try your sim in an alternative phone as a process of elimination.
Message 7 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable
Good luck slight_smile
Message 8 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable
Nope I'm having the last word on this. wink

If this continues after carrying out the advice give O2 a quick call on 202 for contract customers or 4445 Payg to have your account checked.
Message 9 of 31

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 10 of 31