cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IPhone 6 - horrendous customer services

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all

I've been a loyal O2 customer for a number of years, as have my wife and daughter.  I'm on my 3rd iphone contract, as is my wife and my daughter on her 2nd.

But unfortunately these will be the last.

On pre-order day, I ordered two iphone 6's via the O2 website to upgrade my and daughters 4s's. I arranged for the phones to be delivered to my local store (Stafford) and happily picked them up on 19th September.

On Saturday the 20th the phone was working fine but occassionally the screen would go blank for no reason and then come back on.  This continued on occassion until the following Saturday.

27th September, whilst I was out shopping the phone screen went blank and did not come back on at all.  The phone still seemed to be active as Siri was responding and blutooth was still active but the screen was dead.  I took the phone to the Stafford store and was told that the phone needed to be sent off to be repaired.  Not being aware of O2's 14 day replacement policy at the time I agreed and handed the phone over.

Over the next two weeks I monitored the status of the repair but all I saw was a message saying "locked - Find my iphone active". No one contacted me about sorting this out so I eventually went back into the store and asked what was going on.  Thankfully the guru I spoke with sorted it, turned find my phone off via icloud and contacted the repairers to tell them it should be clear. I again chased things up in store on the 10th October and was told the phone should be back with them on Monday 13th October.  I duly picked the phone up on the 13th and took it home to set it all back up again (I now know it was returned "fault not found" even though the staff in store clearly saw it was broken). 

On the morning of the 14th, the screen went blank again and refused to do anything.  I went straight to the Stafford store and was told "sorry sir, we have to send it off for repair again....if you want it replaced you have to go to Apple in B'ham".  I was slightly stunned to be honest, but went away planning a trip to the nearest Apple store (which I now wish I'd actually done!).

It was then that I had a look on the O2 website and found the 14 day exchange details, so went back to the store to take them to task over fobbing me off with the offer of repairs.

I explained everything to one of the senior staff who in turn said I needed to speak with Customer Services as I'd ordered it on line and not from in store.  He made the call, I confirmed my details on the phone to Customer Services and then the staff member took over and explained the situation, that the store made the mistake of sending it for a repair on the 27th September and that I should be entitled to a replacement.  Customer Services agreed and I was told they would send a new phone to the store for me to exchange for the broken one and they'd contact me to advise of when it would be available.

Roll forward 3 weeks and on the evening of the 5th November I rang Customer Service direct to try and find out what the heck was going on as I'd heard nothing.  I was told by the Customer Services rep that the notes on my file said nothing about them ordering me a new phone and that the manager of the Stafford Store was supposed to be requesting one.  I was directed to go back to the store to see what was going on.

So on the 6th November, I went to the Stafford store and spoke at length to the staff there - I even spoke to the chap who originally negotiated with customer services and he confirmed his understanding of the conversation in that Customer Services were supposed to be sorting it. The store again rang Customer Services and eventually were told that I would be getting a new phone and that they would "phone me" to arrange a day for me to exchange my broken phone. The store were then cut off.

Two things - I have no idea how O2 intend to get in touch as I have no mobile phone and no other phone number that they may have.  And not suprisingly, almost 36 hours after the conversation, I have not heard anything either by phone or e-mail.

So, to recap:

19/9 took delivery of iphone 6

27/9 handed broken phone over for repair (should have been offered a straight replacement there and then)

13/10 took deliver of "repaired" phone

14/10 phone broke again - Stafford store negotiated a replacement to be sent to them for me to pick up

5/11 called customer services to be told Store needs to order new phone

6/11 visited store who confirm original arrangement, but am now told I will get a new one

7/11 still no contact

That's over 5 weeks without a phone.  5 weeks where I have been paying for a phone service which I have not been able to access.  5 weeks of simply being passed from one part of O2 to another.

I have no idea what to do now - do I go back to the store and make a scene (when its not really their fault) or do I ring customer services and demand a replacement (but have little/no faith in their ability to deliver)?

i do know one thing though - I will not be renewing my contract with O2 when it runs out, either for my phone or the other two in the house.

Sorry for the long post and would welcome your advice/comments.

Cheers

Rich

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Sounds very promising Rich - Good luck slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 12

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122835 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Well...good news day then.....

Come back and let us know if all these new promises come to fruition. wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 12 of 12