cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

From Simo to device and airtime, how does my bill change.

disgruntledman
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello,

I have been on a simo deal for a while, my bill always comes on the 24th and I pay roughly on the 8th.

I have today just upgraded to a device and airtime deal which is much more expensive.

I beleive my new bill will be of the higher amount, but I am wondering If I had just waited until the 25th and changed my plan then would I not have just paid the lower price. I am wondering what is stopping me going and taking the device back cancelling the contract and then opening a new one on the 25th.

I went to live chat and they said each bill is for the month ahead, not behind. Still with this in mind would I still not pay the lower amount if I had waited until the 25th, can anyone please explain.

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

MI5
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
You don't pay until 2 weeks after your bill date.
You will be billed for a full month of device and the airtime as you suggest.
Contract runs for the duration of the number of months you chose to pay it over, 12, 24, 36 etc.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
The contract length stays the same as you agreed when you signed the new contract
Message 12 of 14

disgruntledman
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I called o2 helpline yesterday and the advisor there told me that I would pay my old tariff up from the day my bill started up until the 19th and then the rest of the days on the new tariff as you suggested. I wil also pay 1 month airtime in adavance (for reasonse I dont understand, why do you have to pay one month in advance, your future bills dont reflect this?) and also 1 months device plan. I would suggets to anyone in the future, just wait for your contract bill date to come through and then upgrade as its much simpler.

Thanks for the help to those who commented either way.

Message 13 of 14

MI5
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
The one month in advance is standard for all mobile networks, but as you are upgrading, you won't pay an "extra" month in advance.
If I can try to explain, in addition to what you would have paid this month, you will have the pro rata amount added to the new airtime bill.
So, if you previously paid £15 and the pro rata amount was £5 your bill for this month would be £20, but, as you are on a higher tariff now of say £25, the £5 pro rata will be added to this making a total bill for the month of £30.
Hope that is clear, not sure if I am explaining myself very well as it's difficult without knowing your actual figures.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 14 of 14