Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fraud department

Cw97
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello. I ordered my ipad with o2 end of august. Paid the initial one off fee and got all the emails to confirm my contract and delivery. Once arrived i didnt end up putting sim card in right away as i forgot about it. Anyway, few days ago i got an email saying i had missed a payment for the contract (not device plan) and if i didnt pay id be charged a late fee. Not sure why as device came out no problem and there is money in the account. Anyway i thought well i’ll just log onto o2 account and pay via that way but when i tried to log in it said there were no devices attached to my account which their should be (specifically an ipad). I have rang customer service and all they said was ‘my account has been disabled and handed to their fraud team since the 11th of september someone will be in touch”. So for over a week almost 2 weeks, theyve known they disabled my services and stuff but didnt get in touch i think thats shocking but also makes no sense. Im not sure why my account would be passed to fraud team i dont get it. Why would someones account be closed by fraud team when theres nothing suspicious youre just a regular person 

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10229 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3014 Solutions

@Cw97 

Your only option is to call the Payment Management Team on 0800 902 0217

Sorry to say this but regular people commit fraud all the time.. 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144659 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27731 Solutions

@Cw97 

In all honesty, it's completely pointless calling anyone at O2 as they won't be able to tell you anything.

Your only option is to wait until fraud complete their assessment and get back to you with their outcome.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 10

Cw97
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Im not saying regular people dont commit fraud. My point was that theyve not got in touch. Nearly 2 weeks and i was none the wiser they havent emailed sent letters nothing to say account was disabled. I have rang. They said nothing. I dont know whats happening i dont understand and there is no information help or support. There is no fraudulent activity i ordered it i paid i am still paying yet not receiving the service and no one at o2 will help. No advice anywhere dont know what to do

Message 4 of 10

Cw97
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

But i dont understand how they can do this? How can they close an account not tell you anything about it. And expect you to still pay

Message 5 of 10

MI5
  • 144659 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27731 Solutions

@Cw97 

I agree but O2 are notorious for doing this to quite a few innocent parties. 

It still seems possible for actual fraud to take place regularly though, so something clearly wrong with their policy.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 10

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Whilst O2 have strange security policies the biggest problem is waiting literally months for the fraud department to carry out their investigation

Other networks take maybe days or weeks but O2 are disgracefully shocking for taking solong

They must be seriously understaffed

Message 7 of 10

Cw97
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So am i meant to just keep paying my direct debit ? I have a payment they said was missed but no way of paying for it as i cant log in to online account and no one will speak to me on the phone

Message 8 of 10

MI5
  • 144659 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27731 Solutions

@Dave-O2 

Can you kick some life into this for @Cw97 please?

Currently using:
Message 9 of 10

Dave-O2
Community Manager
Community Manager
  • 658 Posts
  • 40 Topics
  • 17 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @MI5 

@Cw97 I'll follow up via PM shortly 👍

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram

Message 10 of 10