cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excess PAYG credit. Can I get some back?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Basically I top-up every month to get included data and text. I don't use voice much and I've now accrued a PAYG balance of ~£350. Can I reclaim some of that money or use it to buy a new phone, etc.? "Customer Services" are giving me mixed messages depending who I speak to.

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks. I'll phone later and ask if I can move £300 to off-set my contract phone payments.

You're welcome.

I hope they can do this for you.

At the end of the day it's money you have spent on the account,and both accounts will be in your name and personnel details, so there shouldn't be a problem.

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Basically I top-up every month to get included data and text. I don't use voice much and I've now accrued a PAYG balance of ~£350. Can I reclaim some of that money or use it to buy a new phone, etc.? "Customer Services" are giving me mixed messages depending who I speak to.

Good Morning,

WoW £350 accrued on a payg account !

You don't need to top up for quite a while as your anniversary date tariff will come out of that available credit on your account.

If you have been speaking to o2 via Live Chat then I would suggest you dial 4445 from your phone to speak to Uk o2 Customer Services who will be able to properly clarify what your options are.

However I do believe you can not use this available credit to purchase a mobile phone.

You can however sign up for O2 Rewards and every time you top up o2 put money into a pot for you, and you then every quarter get the chance to claim this back as credit or bank it towards the cost of a new mobile phone.

http://www.o2.co.uk/shop/paygotopup/10backontopups

Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your response. 🙂

> You don't need to top up for quite a while as your anniversary date tariff will come out of that available credit on your account.

My account doesn't work that way. I have to top-up £15 a month to get unlimited SMS and 500mb data. I guess I could just stop topping up for a year and use my credit for SMS and data but I begrudge spending money on something I currently get included. Yeah, I know I have logic fail.

I have 02 Rewards - an extra £4.50 credit every quarter I don't need. 😉

I also have a BlackBerry on contact with O2 and here I am with £350 PAYG credit and also paying £43.15 a month on contract. I don't think I thought this one out too well. 😞

Message 3 of 7

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

if you do not mind losing the number on the pay monthly you can move the payg number to the pay monthly and it will take your credit to the monthly account (up to a max of £350)http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,question=ref(User):str(Mobile),C... and then just start a new payg account if you still need a second handset.

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you tried asking o2 to move that Payg credit onto your Contract tariff Account ?

Dont use Live Chat..... ring them.

I've moved credit about like this in the past !

Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. I'll phone later and ask if I can move £300 to off-set my contract phone paymets.

Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks. I'll phone later and ask if I can move £300 to off-set my contract phone payments.

You're welcome.

I hope they can do this for you.

At the end of the day it's money you have spent on the account,and both accounts will be in your name and personnel details, so there shouldn't be a problem.

Message 7 of 7