Did you mean: 

Double charged?

Haze
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi,
I recently moved from Three to 02. I ordered the SIM card from 02 on the 5th of May and received it around the 20th of May. My number was moved over from Three to 02 on the 21st of May. Three has charged till the 21st May and this has been paid for. However, 02 has also charged me for this period even though I had not received the card and was not using it. I tried contacting customer service however, was unable to reach anyone. I tried contacting via Twitter but, there first response was as i was going to through a credit check with 02 I would still have to pay for the bill and there second response was to provide a link to the Bills page. I’m very confused. I believe I should not be charged by both companies for the same period of time! Especially since 02 was ridiculously late in sending the SIM card. I only knew I was going through a credit check as I contacted them asking for an update on when I will receive the SIM card. On the Ofcom page it states that when moving networks, customers should be double charged however, this has happened! Any insights or suggestions would be great. Many thanks, Hazel
Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@Haze 

O2 will start your bill from the date you ordered it, but if you call customer service, they should refund you up to the date you received it.

Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

The best number to get through seems to be
0800 587 4005

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@Haze 

O2 will start your bill from the date you ordered it, but if you call customer service, they should refund you up to the date you received it.

The best number to get through seems to be
0800 587 4005

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 5

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@Haze You'll need to speak to customer service and hopefully get someone who understands and knows what they're talking about. Try 0800 587 4005 first.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 5

Haze
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@Bambinom @MI5 thank you both for your responses! I will call them on that number, and hopefully should reach some form of resolution!
Message 4 of 5

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
You're welcome @Haze

Currently using:
Message 5 of 5