Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disney+ subscription

knowlesy59
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Please could you help. I had a monthly Disney+ subscription that I’ve cancelled through my iPhone - subscription will finish on 01st July. I’ve loaded up the o2 6 months free Disney+ extra, which is showing in my Disney account. I presumed the 6 months would follow on when the current subscription expired on 01st July, but I’ve had an email from Disney saying action needed on my account is I don’t want 2 subscriptions?
Will the o2 subscription follow or have I got 2 parallel subscriptions on the go?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35921 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1591 Solutions

It looks like Disney+ should contact you to help prevent such overlapping subscriptions, @knowlesy59 :

https://www.o2.co.uk/extras/disney-plus

Screenshot_20200607-090931.jpg

Message 2 of 6

knowlesy59
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thank you for replying. I have just spoken to Disney help and they can’t do anything as the overlapping subscriptions are both 3rd party. They have pointed me back in the direction of O2 to change the start date of the 6 months free.

How can I get this resolved as I read somewhere (I think it was in this forum when I was looking for answers) that Disney+ queries are not priority at the moment.

Also, on a separate note, how do I know if my old number is being transferred to my new o2 sim only. I requested it when signing up, but no further information or updates. Again, I read that there are delays with this but I have nothing to give a progress update. Should I complete the online form to transfer number - just to make sure?

Appreciate any help.
Message 3 of 6

pgn
  • 35921 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1591 Solutions

You are correct in that Disney+ queries are low down the list, compounded by the 3rd party thing you mention - the list of priorities is shown in blue tables well down this page here:  

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/Help-amp-Support-from-O2-during-COVID-19/m-p/1327094

However, the list above also says SIM Swap and porting are on the list of priorities for O2 to deal with - so filling in the form may help, if it works as it should, but a call to O2 on any of the numbers in the current Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support should also help.

Try to call around 8am weekdays UK time, and when you get onto the queue (crackly music!), hang in there. 

It is possible your Disney+ issue may be helped once your number swap completes, as that becomes your effective start date for that service (assuming the D+ and swap relate to the same account).

Good luck, @knowlesy59

Message 4 of 6

knowlesy59
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Quick update after speaking to customer services. The porting of my old number is now underway and I have received a text to confirm. The Disney+ subscription start date can not be changed, but O2 have added a note to my record to credit a free month when I phone up at the end of the 6 months free - so I won’t lose out. Happy with that.

Thanks for your input 👍
Message 5 of 6

pgn
  • 35921 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1591 Solutions

Glad you managed to get it all sorted, @knowlesy59  - great news! 

Message 6 of 6