Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls from south sudan

Emzz1981
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Anyone recieving calls from south sudan both my numbers seem to being spammed with them
Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144099 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
No need to turn off voicemail anyway.
Once spammers have your number they are relentless!
Some help here but if really bad, a number change may be the only way to stop it.
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Are-you-fed-up-with-spam-calls-and-texts-Follow...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Cleoriff
  • 122771 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

@Emzz1981

Just block the number on your phone. Never answer the calls at at and make sure Voicemail is off else you will be charged for receiving the calls. It will cost you £2.00 to receive a call from South Sudan 

http://international.o2.co.uk/internationaltariffs/travelling_abroad#

Also follow the advice here

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Are-you-fed-up-with-spam-calls-and-texts-Follow-these-st...

Best of luck and welcome to the forum

Welcome

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 12

Emzz1981
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I am blocking the calls as they come through, they only ring once before they hang up, i cant turn my voicemail off due to hospital calls, i havent rang it back im just fed up first it was some subscription text thing now this
Message 3 of 12

MI5
  • 144099 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
No need to turn off voicemail anyway.
Once spammers have your number they are relentless!
Some help here but if really bad, a number change may be the only way to stop it.
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Are-you-fed-up-with-spam-calls-and-texts-Follow...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 12

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23040 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3668 Solutions

@Emzz1981 O2 will allow you one free number change. A tedious chore it will definitely be, but it may be your only option, now that the spammers have your number.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 12

jonsie
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

Just make sure you never answer one of these calls as it then shows as a live number on the spammers system. Also remove all trace of your number from any social media accounts.

Message 6 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 122771 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

@Emzz1981 wrote:
I am blocking the calls as they come through, they only ring once before they hang up, i cant turn my voicemail off due to hospital calls, i havent rang it back im just fed up first it was some subscription text thing now this

No, my error,  you don't need to turn voicemail off as you are in the UK.

Just don't answer otherwise they will know it's a live number....and block them as I said previously.

Follow the link in my first post though which gives info on dealing with spam calls

Best of luck as they are more than annoying (to say the least!!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 12

Carianno
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have been receiving these for months from; Azerbaijan, Tanzania, South Sudan, Albania, Sierra Leone... etc etc

I have been blocking the number and also deleting it from my call list in case I accidentally call back without realising. 

I am just emailing o2 now as I have received calls nearly everyday since august and it is just irritating! 

Message 8 of 12

Holly42
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi anyone else receiving calls all times of the day from South Sudan blocked number hopefully that will solve it 

Message 9 of 12

MI5
  • 144099 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@Holly42 some additional help here https://www.o2.co.uk/help/safety-and-security/unwanted-calls-and-messages

Currently using:
Message 10 of 12