Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bills for cancelled account

Nagasaki
Level 1: Joiner
  • 22 Posts
  • 12 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I had a Pixel 7 Pro from O2 but returned the phone within the 14 days of getting it.

The return was accepted and the air time plan removed from my account with a small bill for the time used.

However the CCA for the phone is still active and I have been reciving bills, and other letters telling me I need to pay £819 for the device.

The latest letter informs me that the account will be passed on to debt recovery as well as a mark placed on my credit file for breaching the CCA.

This has been an issue for over a month. I sent an email to complaints, never heard back after 20 days so sent in another email to them and now its been another 10 days with no reply.

On my O2 account I can see the device plans that are active and ones that are not due to swap up. Like my new S23 512gb is active but my old s23 256gb is not. I can see the pixel plan is still active.

I spoke with O2 customer service and they said this plan would be closed on my next bill, that bill came and went and nothing changed. I called again and was given the same speel, the next bill after that came and went and still its active and still I get letters about non payment.

Should I just contact the financial ombudsman service at this point?

If they do mark my credit file with this then ****** will hit the fan from me.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 10573 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3093 Solutions

@Nagasaki 

You need to follow the o2 complaints process, and have a look at using resolver (be aware resolver are now sending spam and trying to sell services, had 2 emails from them today).. https://resolver.co.uk 

https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain 

Unless you get a deadlock letter from o2 then you wont get anywhere with the FCA there are more strict than the Ombudsman Service that deal with telecoms..

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 6

Nagasaki
Level 1: Joiner
  • 22 Posts
  • 12 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks, but this sentence has broken my brain "Unless you get a deadlock letter from o2 then you wont get anywhere with the FCA there are more strict than the Ombudsman Service that deal with telecoms.."

Can you eloborate or re-word it? thanks slight_smile

Message 3 of 6

madasaf1sh
  • 10573 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3093 Solutions

You need a letter from o2 and it was called a deadlock letter, now its called a final response letter.. 

This page explains it all https://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/consumers/how-to-complain

Message 4 of 6

Nagasaki
  • 22 Posts
  • 12 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Not helpful when O2 are not responding.

Message 5 of 6

madasaf1sh
  • 10573 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3093 Solutions

@Nagasaki 

Then its 8 weeks you have to give them from your last communication, as per the FCA...

Message 6 of 6