Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong number listed on my account

Vamton
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi. I switched from pay monthly to pay as you go, as I'm moving abroad. I migrated my long held U.K. mobile number to the PAYG sim. However, on my o2, the PAYG number that was originally on my new PAYG sim (before I migrated the number) is listed as my number. It is this number that is texted with codes that I need to verify my o2 account.
Any suggestions about the easiest way to amend this? I'm in New Zealand and found it difficult to get through to an advisor in the U.K., never mind here! Thanks!

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144091 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@Vamton 

Complete and utter rubbish.

O2 PAYG DOES work in NZ.

You can check the rates here http://international.o2.co.uk/internationaltariffs/travelling_abroad

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
  • 144091 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@Vamton 

It would most likely only update when the phone is connected to O2-UK.

If the number has ported across to the sim OK, I wouldn't worry about it.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 7

lewys-gp
Former Staff
  • 921 Posts
  • 89 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi @Vamton. Did you manage to get this resolved in the end, please? Thanks.

Community Manager for the O2 Community 🙂
Message 3 of 7

Vamton
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi. I did get through to an o2 advisor who told me that PAYG o2 sims simply won't work in New Zealand. I am quite annoyed, as I spent hours on the phone to multiple o2 advisors while still in the U.K, specifically going through my plan to port my U.K. number to a PAYG sim, due to moving to New Zealand, so I had a flexible way to keep my U.K. number (although I would also be getting an nz one to use primarily. ) I've now ordered a Gif Gaf sim which I'm hoping will at least work in nz and allow me to send occasional texts, just to keep the number active. It's been quite an ordeal, trying to find a solution. 
Thanks for the replies on here!

Message 4 of 7

MI5
  • 144091 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@Vamton 

Complete and utter rubbish.

O2 PAYG DOES work in NZ.

You can check the rates here http://international.o2.co.uk/internationaltariffs/travelling_abroad

Currently using:
Message 5 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122769 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

Dear me! We thought Live Chat was bad?! This information came from a customer services advisor!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 7

MI5
  • 144091 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

All the same these days.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 7