Urgent Help Needed - False Defaulted Payment on my Credit File

JH19
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello,

I urgently need help
, I’m currently trying to apply for a mortgage and have discovered that O2 has set a defaulted payment on my credit file in December last year. I have called Payment Management & O2 Customer Service and all agents have assured me that I do not and never have owed O2 any money.

To get my mortgage approved I need
:

1. An official statement from O2, to say that I do not owe them any money and that the defaulted payment was set in error.
  2. Swift action to get this default removed from my credit file.

Customer Service have been unhelpful and I’ve been referred to the Credit Amendments & Referrals Team, whom I have contacted on the 4th July 2024 and I have had no resolution from them since. I emailed the complaints department on the 12th July, no response. I have been calling in every single day only to be told that there is nothing O2 can do.

I wil be taking this further to the financial ombudsman if I cannot get an answer
/reply/solution from O2.

This is abysmal service, there is no way to get anything expedited for an error caused on their end. It has caused myself and my wife immense distress and we’ll be loosing out on a mortgage and a house if this takes any longer.

Please can someone tell us if there is any way to get O2’s attention and get this process sped up
. It’s ridiculous that it should take them this long to respond to a simple accounting error that should take no time at all to remedy. Not to mention that it is illegal to post a default without sending out an NOD!

Thanks
, J.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

JH19
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Well, it's the 25th, I'm being sent in circles by the Credit Referrals Team for no reason. 

Here's my timeline with them so far: 

Email to CRF Team from me: You have put a false default on my account, here are my details. Please rectify. 

Email from O2 (Scott): Ok, we need more information?

(O2 closes the ticket)

Email 2, to CRF Team: Here is all the information you requested + credit report attached. 

(no response from O2)

Email 3, to CRF Team: Here is all the information you requested and then some. Credit Report attached too. Account that's in default highlighted. 

O2 CRF Team (Rebecca): Sorry can't help with that, talk to customer service.

(O2 closes the ticket)

Random response from O2, CRF Team (Keziah): We need more information, specifically your DOB. 

Email 4, to CRF Team: Sent all the information they requested, also finally dug out the account number for the defaulted account via TransUnion Credit Bureau. I had called Customer Service with that number. And they confirmed that this account does not exist on their system. 

O2 response (Satyanarayan) : Sorry, we don't recognize the email, from where you sent it. We can't verify you, talk to customer service. 

Clearly, Satyanarayan did not read my email, where I provided -everything-, from my account number, to DOB to phone number. Including the credit report from TransUnion that shows the defaulted account with all my details. 

Email 5, to CRF Team: Sent the same email, with account number, DOB, email, postal address + credit report again.  
(no response so far)

Either the CRF team is just an Ai inbox, their reading comprehension is non-existent, or they're intentionally trying to be difficult for no reason. 

I will be sending another email today, O2 have wholly succeeded in testing my patience though. Well done. 

Message 11 of 13

Oxonian
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 9031 Posts
  • 205 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

All we can do on this customer to customer forum @JH19 is advised you to keep trying and to wish you good luck. 👍

Message 12 of 13

user830824
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, have you had any joy? im currently in the same boat:

default applied to my credit report even though i cancelled the contract within the 14 day cooling off period

i have emailed the CRF team, no joy yet

i have lodged a complaint via resolver, no joy yet

i tried calling CS but they say my account is on the "old" system, they cant access it

im in a chain and at risk of having the seller pull out

thanks

Message 13 of 13