cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My credit depletes very quickly after calls that only last a few seconds. Why is that?

SadCustomer
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I topped my phone up with a £10 voucher a few months ago, and the only calls I have ever made were test calls to another phone to check if the sim on that device is working. I might have done this around 4 or 5 times, yet my balance now sits at £6.90. Is this normal? I expected my balance to still be close to £10.

Also, I'm not sure if this is relevant, but I think I waited around a year before I decided to use the top-up voucher after I bought it.

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

koala321
Level 4: Observant
  • 61 Posts
  • 12 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hello @SadCustomer texts on O2 Pay and Go (or is it O2 Pay As You Go?? 😉) are 30p per text and 55p per minute for calls.

You could join a Big Bundle like £10 Data Big Bundle. You only pay £10 a month and you will get unlimited calls and texts and 8GB of data per month which is better value than paying standard rates.

😃

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 94269 Posts
  • 611 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

The top up voucher wouldn't make any difference as it must have still been valid

Any test calls you make are charged at one minute minimum and rounded up so that may be where your credit has gone depending on the tariff you are on

Message 2 of 10

SadCustomer
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

All my calls were less than 15 seconds and I'm not on a tariff/contract. A similar thing also happened with Lycamobile before I decided to switch over to O2.

Message 3 of 10

SadCustomer
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

This is the O2 voucher I bought: https://www.paypal.com/uk/gifts/brands/o2

Message 4 of 10

koala321
  • 61 Posts
  • 12 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hello @SadCustomer texts on O2 Pay and Go (or is it O2 Pay As You Go?? 😉) are 30p per text and 55p per minute for calls.

You could join a Big Bundle like £10 Data Big Bundle. You only pay £10 a month and you will get unlimited calls and texts and 8GB of data per month which is better value than paying standard rates.

😃

Message 5 of 10

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 8060 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 1653 Solutions

Sounds like you are on a Big Bundle plan. As it is a while since you topped up you will be charged  out of bundle rates

Out of Bundle charges

Once you have used your allowances or if you do not renew your bundle each month, you'll pay our Big Bundles standard rates:

Calls cost 55p a minute

Texts cost 30p each (excluding picture or premium messages)

100MB of data costs £2 a day

The 55p charge to make a call could certainly account for the drop in your balance 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 6 of 10

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38687 Posts
  • 241 Topics
  • 1737 Solutions

O2 have 2 current PAYG offerings: Pay As You Go: Introducing "Rolling Plans" (where you register a card from which your monthly top-ups are taken), and O2 Big Bundles https://www.o2.co.uk/help/pay-as-you-go/big-bundles

There is a legacy PAYG tariff still at large, but if you moved from Lebara recently, you will not be on that older Classic PAYG "tariff".

Are your test calls to a number not included in the options covered above, perhaps, @SadCustomer?

In both cases above, your top-up is consumed fully on the anniversary date of first top-up in return for the calls and data within your bundle limits for that month. Ant calls not in-bundle will draw down in any credit balance you have on your account - to find that out:

• Text BALANCE free to 20202

Not sure if this helps you understand what is happening, in your case?

Message 7 of 10

MI5
  • 149813 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28527 Solutions

@SadCustomer 

We do not know what plan you are on and can only guess at where your credit was used.

The only way to know for sure is to call O2 on 4445 and ask them.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 8 of 10

koala321
  • 61 Posts
  • 12 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@SadCustomer @MI5  In case you need the number for O2 Pay and Go Customer Services it is 0344 809 0222.

Or don't forget you can create a MyO2 account and add your number to it, if you haven't already done so. That too should tell you what tariff you are on. You say you are not on a tariff? I wonder if you could be on the old Talkalot or similar standard rate plans? 

Or maybe as @Enlli says you are already on a Big Bundle but haven't topped up in a while, so maybe are paying standard rates 'outside' your usual Big Bundle plan.

Once you know your plan name things should become clearer.

😃

Message 9 of 10

MI5
  • 149813 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28527 Solutions

No, I don't need the number, but thanks anyway slight_smile

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 10 of 10