Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong Number

SGascoyne
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I received a call on my mobile from a lady who said she had a missed call from me and was returning my call.  I had not rung and told her so - she insisted that I must have as she had my mobile number in her recent missed calls.  I eventually got her to believe that I had not rung her.  I now have her number in my recent calls but there is no record of me ringing her.  I now wonder if my number has been hacked and is ringing other people - how do I find this out.

Thank you

S Gascoyne

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35208 Posts
  • 223 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

More likely a spam caller has made a call to this lady using a random set of digits that match your phone number during an attempt to call her for whatever reason.

Whilst the spammer has contravened code in having a phone system that allows this, using a random set of digits in the CLI sent to this person along with the call she received, it is not uncommon.

The call was not made from your phone, so you will not have been charged for the call. I would ignore it. If you wish to pursue and report it, start out with advice from O2 Social Media Team, contact links for them just below this post, @SGascoyne. Good luck.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35208 Posts
  • 223 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

More likely a spam caller has made a call to this lady using a random set of digits that match your phone number during an attempt to call her for whatever reason.

Whilst the spammer has contravened code in having a phone system that allows this, using a random set of digits in the CLI sent to this person along with the call she received, it is not uncommon.

The call was not made from your phone, so you will not have been charged for the call. I would ignore it. If you wish to pursue and report it, start out with advice from O2 Social Media Team, contact links for them just below this post, @SGascoyne. Good luck.

Message 2 of 2