Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 have messed up my credit score!!!

Lauryng
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I need some advice on what to do regarding an issue I’ve had with o2 for nearly a year now. 

I took out an airtime plan along with a tablet that was a part of a deal in 27th may 2023, both of which I cancelled literally two days later. I thought this was the end but apparently not. 

I thought everything was cancelled and had not checked my credit score. It turns out o2 didn’t cancel it properly and was charging me the £4 a month for the tablet, with both accounts (both tablet and airtime for my phone) on my clearscore account. As soon as I noticed this, I tried sorting this with o2 and it took months worth of multiple phone calls for someone to know what they were doing and then cancel the thing altogether, which was finally sorted in October 2023. 

the problem I’m having now is that it has affected my credit score so badly, firstly my score dropped by an insane amount because of them opening the account and reporting this to Experian (when they shouldn’t have done as I had returned and cancelled the items within the 14 day period) and secondly my score dropped AGAIN when I finally got rid of the account, one of which is still on my credit file although it says the balance is £0. I don’t want this removed and my score to drop even more. 

I have been trying to get a hold of someone at o2 to sort this out for me and rectify this with the credit agency but it’s IMPOSSIBLE to get through to anyone. I have been referred to customer services, to then payment management and then to the credit team and no one has managed to do anything. 

It has completely ruined my life and o2 are not taking any responsibility for it. 

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Oxonian
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 9031 Posts
  • 205 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

@Littlevicdon wrote:

Did you manage to sort this as I am having similar problems starting Jan this year and thought might was sorted also!

@Littlevicdon 

If you do a search of this Community, you will find that the Credit File Referrals Team seem to operate at their own pace, as do the credit reference agencies - Equifax, Experian etc - with whom they work.

If your problems only started in January, you might have a wait yet even if things are resolved smoothly. 👍 

Message 11 of 15

Hollie2320
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Tim, did you get this sorted? having the same issue and advice would be much appreciated! thank you so much, Hollie 

Message 12 of 15

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38248 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1729 Solutions

@Hollie2320 wrote:

Hi Tim, did you get this sorted? having the same issue and advice would be much appreciated! thank you so much, Hollie 

This any help, @Hollie2320?

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Credit-Reference-Agency-records-for-closed...

Message 13 of 15

Hollie2320
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

thanks for your reply! creditfilereferrals@telefonica.com is this the best email to contact? 

Message 14 of 15

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38248 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1729 Solutions

Yep - and the comment further down the same thread about getting the CRAs to flag the debt as settled on your records, @Hollie2320 

Good luck!

Message 15 of 15