Did you mean: 

O2 Wifi in Costa - connects but no internet

Dazzied
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all

I've recently started to take my Macbook Pro (retina) to Costa to do some work on the weekends, my iPhone and iPad connect to the O2 Wifi without any problems, give a good internet connection and speed, but when I select the O2 Wifi SSID on the Macbook Pro (running El Capitan), it seems to connect but when trying to go to even Google, either using Safari, Chrome or Firefox, nothing happens. In chrome it says it's trying to resolve the host.

Asking at the location, the baristers say the Mac should just connect (not expecting them to give much more IT support than that, they're baristers, not IT techies).

Anyone else seen this issue? Anyone know a solution?

Huge thanks for any help

Daz

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Dazzied
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Nope, just your opinion, but thanks for your fab help 🙂
Message 11 of 15

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions

You're welcome.

Message 12 of 15

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I'm guessing it's shop policy to stop tablets connecting. My tablet connects fine in Subway in bolton.

Message 13 of 15

Dazzied
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
iPad and iPhone connect just fine, it's the Macbook Pro that seems to connect but then doesn't allow any internet traffic. It's weird 😞 LOL
Message 14 of 15

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
I had a similar issue but on my phone. Don't think it's connected, but does suggest O2 might need to put a bit for effort in. Especially seeing as it's spined off as a 'perk'
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 15 of 15