cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Home Broadband problems anyone?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi everybody,

I am just fuming and enraged after O2 today. Since a couple of months I have noticed a permanent and continued degradation of my O2 Home Broadband (main router in the living room a couple of meters from my study where I am connected wirelessly) and in particular since it was announced it was sold to Sky. Is it because O2 doesn't care to invest anymore since months? The quality for the initial 4 years of use was really good but since  a couple of months it is bad. The worst being tonight with a palry and ridiculous 0.3mb/s download speed at 00h38AM whilst I am supposed to have up to 8Mb/s!!!! This is enough now. I am using O2 broadband professionally as an independent consultatn and was unable to work most of today losing precious times. Is there an outage somewhere in London N1? Could anyone let me know if they are experiencing the same terrible experience? It is a great shame and O2 should be really totally ashamed about it. I am going to complain to Ofcom it is enough now. I really don't know why I am spending £21.5 for maximum package per month. I am also going to switch. If an O2 reads that, you have better to contact me very quickly and ensure issues are solved because I am not going to cope with a broadband slower than a modem connection 20 years ago!!!

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

O2 cannot identify you from a forum post and can't deal with you without you pass security first, therefore you will need to contact O2 and get it investigated.

You cannot raise a complaint with Ofcom as firstly they don't deal with individual complaints, and secondly you need to exhaust the O2 Complaint procedure and then use the Ombudsman if you reach a stalemate.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

O2 cannot identify you from a forum post and can't deal with you without you pass security first, therefore you will need to contact O2 and get it investigated.

You cannot raise a complaint with Ofcom as firstly they don't deal with individual complaints, and secondly you need to exhaust the O2 Complaint procedure and then use the Ombudsman if you reach a stalemate.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey

I will talk to live chat tomorrow as I cannot access them now. But I was mainly checking if other people are effectively experiencing the same types of troubles than I do in my area. It is franly unacceptable to reach such a level of speed and I can tell you that the degradation of quality is continued for some months. I already have complained but today is really the worse ever. I know that O2 is monitoring the forum. They can always reply to me to contact them.

Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

And by the way Ofcom indeed deal with individual complaints when you are calling Ofcom Consumer contact centre although I accept they might wait for a number of complaints on the same topic before to take action and revert to the operators to ask questions or require action.

Message 4 of 6

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
I know that O2 is monitoring the forum. They can always reply to me to contact them.

This is unlikely to happen, you need to call support, you can't expect help if you don't report it.

Message 5 of 6

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

And by the way Ofcom indeed deal with individual complaints when you are calling Ofcom Consumer contact centre although I accept they might wait for a number of complaints on the same topic before to take action and revert to the operators to ask questions or require action.

Exactly, not individual complaints.

Message 6 of 6