cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Email - timing out/logging out as soon as typing a reply?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all slight_smile

Can anyone explain to me why O2 email is timing out/logging me out as soon as I start to type a reply?

I get an error message box (which I've tried to attach as an image to this post, but that doesn't seem to work either!) which shows the O2 logo and then says:

"Sorry, we can't find the page you're after.  It might be unavailable or might have been moved.  Have you got the right web address?  Try typing it in again making sure there are no spaces or capital letters.  If this still doesn't work, try one of the following:

- Go back a page (*this doesn't work)

- Go to the O2 homepage (*I can go back to the O2 homepage but still cannot access webmail - this error box just comes up again; I have to log out of my account, leave it 20-30mins and then log in again)

- Go to the Site Map and see if the page you want is available (*let's not even go there! 🐵 ).

When this error message occurs, I can't log back in to my email and have to log out, wait for approx 20-30mins (almost the amount of time for an account reset) and then log back in.  My career-technical experience is telling me this is an account timeout that's set where it's perceiving typing an email reply as an 'idle' on the account and is timing the account out.  That's absolutely fair enough, except that I don't even have time to reply to any emails even in a 'one-line' response!

I'm having to get around this problem by:

- opening/reading my email (as in ONE of my emails)

- selecting/copying my 'one' email

- logging out of my email

- opening Word or Pages and pasting the body of the email

- writing my reply in Word or Pages

- selecting/copying my 'one email' reply

- logging back into my O2 email

- selecting the email

- pasting the reply to my email and clicking 'Send' before my O2 email account logs me out

- **REPEAT** the above for every email you want to reply to

Can I manually change the 'idle/timeout' on my account if this is what is causing the problem?  Or is there another way this can be resolved?

I'm currently simply a few clicks away from abandoning my O2 email, and I think if that happens I'll also be a few clicks away from abandoning O2.  As I've been with O2 since the company formed, that would be very sad ...but at the end of the day, it's about customer service and systems working.  In a nutshell, forget 'Priority' and all the fancy stuff - if the basics don't work then it becomes time to look elsewhere.

Can anyone help before 'tethers-end-of' are reached?

Any help would be appreciated! slight_smile

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

O2 announced in 2013 that it was closing down its email service. 

http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/o2/4259681-o2-to-close-all-webmail-accounts-by-november-2nd-2013.ht...

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

O2 announced in 2013 that it was closing down its email service. 

http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/o2/4259681-o2-to-close-all-webmail-accounts-by-november-2nd-2013.ht...

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Probably a casualty of the closing down of the email servers.
The final round of closures appears to be on us.
You could try pulling your emails in through outlook or some other client but I suspect your account is for the chop as announced back in Sept 2013.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 5

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

So if your contacts are still there I would find yourself a new email client asap and transfer to that without delay.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 5

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

O2 email had always had that problem. Type a long email and it would be lost which is why I stopped using it long before they announced the closure.

Change now before you lose all your contacts and any important data. There are many better and more versatile email providers out there.

Message 5 of 5