Did you mean: 

Netgear Nighthawk M6

J9MMO
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi All,

Recently setup the Netgear M6 in North Wales on 2.4ghz and on the screen it says 4G+... but the signal is awfull!

I have 4 devices connected but even with one, browsing the Internet is painful. It can take 10secs to download a page and sometimes it says 'connected without Internet'.. before I send this back I was after some help on the M6 setup for best use or is it just the O2 signal in North Wales, even though O2 says 'good coverage'.

I had a ZTE device on Smarty which was so much better and gave good Internet on 3.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.. 🙂

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7770 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 1641 Solutions

Where abouts in North Wales? Many areas are oversubscribed, especially in summer and particularly near mobile home parks where many people are using routers etc 

Guide: How can I sort out my network issues? 

https://status.o2.co.uk/

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 4

Oxonian
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 8936 Posts
  • 201 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

The Netgear Nighthawk M6 is a premium product so, assuming that you have not got a rogue or defective device, I think @Enlli has got the right angle on this. 

Do you still have your Smarty SIM ? If you do, I would suggest that you try that in you new device. Or try a PAYG SIM in it from another network. Or try it with the O2 SIM therein but in another physical location. 

These suggestions will help you to conclude if it is the device or O2 that is culpable. 👍  

Message 3 of 4

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11265 Posts
  • 62 Topics
  • 3153 Solutions

@J9MMO 

Why have you setup the M6 to use 2.4Ghz WiFi, this is the band that suffers the most for network interference due to the number of devices that use 2.4Ghz 

You really need to be testing / using it on 5Ghz or 6Ghz (6E) to get the best peformance, you will still be hamstrung by what the signal strength and contention on the network in that area... added to the fact that coverage checkers are useless apart from a very rough guide as they are just a computer simulation...

--
iPhone 15 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 4 of 4