cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anybody order the Keplar vr headset with O2 gifts?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just got mine and is absolutely terrible. There is so much aspherical and chromatic distortion that they are unusable and unfit for purpose. 

It's not possible to get a focused image no matter what. The only part of the lens that you can focus is dead centre. Trying to read text is awful. If you shift the focus you can see the distortion in the lens. 

Also the phone holding mechanism is pants. It only allows for left to right adjustment not up and down, so the display isn't even in the centre. 

These apparently are around £25 to £45, I wouldn't give a fiver for them considering I bought a vr headset for a fiver from home bargains and the quality of the lenses is far far better,  everything is in focus. Also the phone holding mechanism is much better. 

The only thing the Keplar headset had going for it is how comfortable it was to wear,  had headphones and a wide field of view. 

If anyone is considering getting these I wouldn't bother. 

I'm gonna try and send mine back and swap it for another JBL Bluetooth speaker I also got. 

At least the speaker is spot on, cant believe how loud it is for its size and sounds great,  no distortion at all. 

Lasts ages on one charge too. 

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Not to be recommended then. I hope they will change the headset for you, good luck.

Message 2 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

I also got these and they are terrible, I can't even get the sound to work and like you say you just can't get a clear picture apparently they are also marketed as Procus. Basically just a cheap knock off I thought for a moment I was going to get something decent, give us a shout if you manage to send yours back and I will do the same. Complete rubbish.

Message 3 of 25

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Are these the Procus pro units with built in headphones by any chance?
Message 4 of 25

Wa10
Level 19: Quirky
  • 418 Posts
  • 32 Topics
  • 29 Solutions

Oh dear, thanks for the feedback guys. 😞 

I very nearly requested one of these with my recent tablet order, with the intention of giving it as a Christmas gift, but in the end I was selfish and went for the speaker - instead picking up the £5  headset from Home Bargains, as it's only really a bit of a stocking filler. Looks like it was the right decision!

Agree with the comments re the speaker, for such a small box it really packs a punch and is lovely and clear. Think mine is destined for the kitchen, as I picked up a nice BT speaker in the Black Friday sales for bathroom use (finally found a solution to soggy books in the bath...Audible paried with a speaker. grin

I work for O2, however any advice or opinion given in this community should be considered my own and not necessarily representative of Telefónica UK Limited.
Message 5 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
@viridis

Looks like it or just a copy. 

Anyway I contacted o2 about it today and said I wasn't too happy with it as it wasn't fit for purpose. 

I explained this issue and she said I can email a complaint to o2. 

I said no no, let's deal with it now I'd just like to exchange it for something else. Got put on hold for a few minutes then she said they'd agree to exchange it. I asked for another jbl speaker. 

They are sending a courier to swap it at no cost to me. 

Tbh I can't fault customer service they've been helpful enough. So a +1 for O2 in that respect. 

Message 6 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

Was it the Virtual reality scope vr headset you got from home bargains?

If it is do you see what i mean about how much better quality the image is? 

Message 7 of 25

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi guys,

Sorry to hear some of you have had a poor experience with this VR headset. The Keplar VR works with smartphones with screen sizes up to 5.7 inches but for the best experience we’d recommend one of the below phones:

Sony Xperia X Compact

Samsung Galaxy S6

Sony Xperia X

LG G5

Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge

Sony Xperia XZ

Samsung Galaxy S7

Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge

Huawei P9

Huawei P9 Plus

If your phone isn’t listed, don’t worry. Check out your app store for the many VR apps available and compare them to your phone’s specifications. If you don’t think they’ll work with your phone, you may want to choose a different gift from the ones available.

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 8 of 25

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Would've thought the Z5 premium would be good too with its 4k display
Message 9 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

same here pal,i bought the fone for the vr headset as my mate has one.and it works a dream,but these dont even load up when u put your fone in,i cant remember the name of the ones my mate has but its so simple whit spending 100 on a decent pair,hink u coukd take them bk and ask for a credit note towards a decent set.im just about to do it now./

Message 10 of 25