cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

nokia 800 data usage

Anonymous
Not applicable

hey my nokia lumina 800 seems to be always using data which is costing me a fortune. can anyone help pls

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147156 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28297 Solutions
That's what it is designed to do. Apps are constantly updating, keeping you in touch and up to date on events, weather etc. If you are on contract get more data, if PAYG, get a bolt on. If you don't want smartphone features, turn off cell data.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 147156 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28297 Solutions
That's what it is designed to do. Apps are constantly updating, keeping you in touch and up to date on events, weather etc. If you are on contract get more data, if PAYG, get a bolt on. If you don't want smartphone features, turn off cell data.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I have just got a new Lumia 820 and have pinned my settings menu to the front page so I can get to it easily to switch off my data connection when I have finished with it.  Go to settings>mobile network>data connection>off.   It means that you wont receive live FB updates and emails have to be manually synced etc, but if it saves you a fortune in data charges, then it's a small price to pay I reckon.  I also switch off my Wifi unless using it, just incase, as I still don't trust my phone not to charge me a fortune haha

Hannah

Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 147156 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28297 Solutions
Wifi is freeeeeeee !!!!! wink
Message 4 of 4