cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blackberry World: The item price exceeds your carrier billing transaction limt.

Anonymous
Not applicable

When I attempt to purchase an app billed through O2 I receive the following error:

"The item price exceeds your carrier billing transaction limit."

I have since been told by O2 that the limit on Blackberry World is £5 and this cannot be changed. I find this amazing...

Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay...now I see what the problem is, and I fully agree that O2 should have a limit on the price of an App to prevent unexpected large bills.

I assumed you meant there was a limit when using a paypal account to pay, I didnt realise it was possible to pay for apps using your O2 account.

I guess some sort of verification or agreed allowance would be advisable in instances like yours where you "need" to be able to make the purchase from yoru account. After all, I'm sure i was able to make a charity donation for Comic Relief to the value of £10 by texting a number which was then added to my phone account. Where is the difference?

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Seriously?

Why should O2 decide how much we spend on Apps through our own bank accounts?

At my work we have iPhone users who are able to buy ridiculously expensive medical apps from Apple when using another carrier.

This has amazed me this morning!

Message 2 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes - I was told that if an app costs more than £5 I would need to use a credit card or setup a paypal account.

I can understand O2 putting a limit in place when billing through O2 - but the fact that it cannot be changed is what gets me...

Message 3 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
If it gets added onto your phone bill I can understand the limit they have probably had problems in the past
Message 4 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am sure I could easily rack up a £5.00 phonecall on my bill. I am also sure O2 wouldn't stop me doing that.

Blackberry already suffers with a lack of apps. A limit meaning you can't quickly purchase a decent one for £7.50 makes it worse in my opinion.

A mobile world centred around apps these days - and O2 choose to stop me purchasing, probably because some kid who knows his parents password spent £700 on farmville once.

Message 5 of 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149547 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28499 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

probably because some kid who knows his parents password spent £700 on farmville once.

It's always the few that screw it up for everyone else 😞

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 6 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can't you just set up an account like you do with apple iTunes
Message 7 of 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149547 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28499 Solutions
Yes, you can set up similar accounts for BB world, the same as you can for Android, but I believe the OP wanted it just adding to his monthly contract bill rather than paying separately.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 8 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I could store a credit card on the account it seems.

The problem is magnified as this is a work app to be installed on a work phone. As it cant just be added to the monthly bill it causes me more forms to fill in.

My main gripe really is the low level of trust that O2 has offered me when purchasing apps.

Message 9 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay...now I see what the problem is, and I fully agree that O2 should have a limit on the price of an App to prevent unexpected large bills.

I assumed you meant there was a limit when using a paypal account to pay, I didnt realise it was possible to pay for apps using your O2 account.

I guess some sort of verification or agreed allowance would be advisable in instances like yours where you "need" to be able to make the purchase from yoru account. After all, I'm sure i was able to make a charity donation for Comic Relief to the value of £10 by texting a number which was then added to my phone account. Where is the difference?

Message 10 of 12