Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2/Three Merger Has Been Blocked

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23537 Posts
  • 1035 Topics
  • 3747 Solutions

It's not looking promising. Meeting is today.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/7958a956-15f4-11e6-9d98-00386a18e39d.html#axzz48HBZG1Ua

Edit: News as of this morning: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-36266924

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 1 of 85
84 REPLIES 84

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146975 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28263 Solutions

But there are still 3 other networks to choose from wink

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 51 of 85

Bambino
  • 23537 Posts
  • 1035 Topics
  • 3747 Solutions

I had Virgin for TV, broadband, and phone, but had to switch because there was no cable where I was moving to. The changeover was excruciatingly painful, and all of it from Virgin's side.

Anyway, we're putting the horse before the cart at the moment, as no one else has, as yet, stepped up to the plate to make an offer.

If Virgin do make an offer, they'd have to cut their ties with EE. Firstly, they wouldn't need them, and secondly there would be a conflict of interest. I'm sure that given the rivalry in the television market, cutting away from BT would make Virgin very happy. They could then offer an all encompassing four barrel package.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 52 of 85

MI5
  • 146975 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28263 Solutions
LG were trying to get hold of Voda a while back if I remember correctly.......?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 53 of 85

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

But there are still 3 other networks to choose from wink

Thoughful

Yeah, i guess lol

Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 54 of 85

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

I think it's all a wait and see scenario now....I would be surprised if this decision hasn't knocked O2 for six if honest.

There are people over on giffgaff who are naively celebrating this decision, but I just think it's a missed opportunity if it's not going to happen after all. But I feel most sorry for the staff, who are still facing an uncertain future.

Message 55 of 85

MI5
  • 146975 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28263 Solutions
The same ones who will be celebrating when we pull out of the EU no doubt......
Message 56 of 85

Curr946
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

Jaw-dropping

Lets not tempt fate, the EU isn't perfect but.. no no curran, lets not make this political

Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 57 of 85

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

@Curr946 wrote:

@MI5 wrote:

Jaw-dropping

Lets not tempt fate, the EU isn't perfect but.. no no curran, lets not make this political

Unfortunately it is since it got passed to the EU commission. What would be interesting to see in the media if the pro-Brexit campaigners will pass a comment on the EU interference of a UK telecoms issue or will ignore it because o2's parent is Spanish and 3's owners are from Hong Kong.
Message 58 of 85

Bambino
  • 23537 Posts
  • 1035 Topics
  • 3747 Solutions

Last I heard, Britain was still in the EU, so the EU commission has every right to interfere.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 59 of 85

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13534 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
To be Fair, I do find it slightly ironic how the first stop on Cameron "vote in" campaign was at O2's hq in Slough, where he said how they should all stay in the EU..... And now that EU has scuppered their plans.
Message 60 of 85