cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FAVOURITE QUOTES!

Anonymous
Not applicable

again, the title says it all, what quotes changed your life? or mean something to you, it can be famous or not, as long as you put who its by slight_smile i have plenty, but here are my top four slight_smile 

“This life is what you make it. Not matter what, you're going to mess up sometimes, it's a universal truth. But the good part is you get to decide how you're going to mess it up. Girls will be your friends - they'll act like it anyway. But just remember, some come, some go. The ones that stay with you through everything - they're your true best friends. Don't let go of them. Also remember, sisters make the best friends in the world. As for lovers, well, they'll come and go too. And babe, I hate to say it, most of them - actually pretty much all of them are going to break your heart, but you can't give up because if you give up, you'll never find your soul mate. You'll never find that half who makes you whole and that goes for everything. Just because you fail once, doesn't mean you're gonna fail at everything. Keep trying, hold on, and always, always, always believe in yourself, because if you don't, then who will, sweetie? So keep your head high, keep your chin up, and most importantly, keep smiling, because life's a beautiful thing and there's so much to smile about.” 
― Marilyn Monroe

“I ought to be thy Adam, but I am rather the fallen angel...” 
― Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

“...if I see but one smile on your lips when we meet, occasioned by this or any other exertion of mine, I shall need no other happiness.” 

“It is true, we shall be monsters, cut off from all the world; but on that account we shall be more attached to one another.” 

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
"esse quam videri"

Latin for "to be not to seem to be"

My favourite by far!

Only one I love credited to someone is this;

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 2 of 11

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

...and the voice in the wilderness said "Smile, things could be worse" and lo, I smiled.........

and things did get worse!

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 3 of 11

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
That's a rather depressing quote:(
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 4 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks guys! love them!! slight_smile 

Message 5 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

"Don't try to be a great man, just be a man and let history make its own judgments" - Zephram Cochrane (Star Trek character) in Star Trek: First Contact

"Education is no substitute for intelligence" Frank Herbert - Dune

Message 6 of 11

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

"Have you tried turning it on and off again" those guys in The IT crowd (and basically anyone in IT having to do family support) Smiley LOL

or a variation "lets reboot the server, nobody will notice...." me. Quite often.

Message 7 of 11

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Liquid wrote:
That's a rather depressing quote:(

I think it's quite amusing, it was my forum signature for a while! Smiley LOL

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 8 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.
    Sir Winston Churchill
    British politician (1874 - 1965)

To be is to do - Socrates
To do is to be - Sartre
Do Be Do Be Do - Sinatra

Message 9 of 11

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Mine is from Gangs of New York

Bill the butcher say's it but I cant repeat it here!

It references a 'moral conundrum' wink
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 10 of 11