cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

google Chromecast

Anonymous
Not applicable

At last Google Chromcast is now availible for IOS! if any of you dont know what chrome cast is, itsa usb dongle that goes into your tv that will allow you to stream from mobile, tablet or laptop straight to TV with out the need of HDMI cables plus Google Play store has lots of films and music that you can stream as well as BBC IPlayer and a few other TV on demand services, the device is £30 from PC World and well worth it! 

Message 1 of 95
94 REPLIES 94

Anonymous
Not applicable

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

I can recommend Chromecast of you are thinking of indulging. I take loadsa of videos on my overseas trips and it's surprising the details you mid when viewing from your phone as opposed to a 42 inch TV screen.

Message 3 of 95

Anonymous
Not applicable
Interesting to note Vodafone are now offering this to its "Red" customers at a reduced price of £25. .
O2????
Message 4 of 95

Anonymous
Not applicable
@jonsie Good Morning.

My interest in this new tech was ignited when you originally posted ,and now @Anonymous has gone and ignited it all over again. slight_smile

Jay if you buy one could you please also share your thoughts ?

I note in one of your screenshots the O2 Community Forum is displayed on your TV.

How practical is accessing and using the forum this way ?

As you know I've issues with eyesight so something like this could be a godsend slight_smile
Message 5 of 95

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

It seems strange at first but I do it occasionally when I've been watching videos or viewing photos from my laptop. The only downside is that you don't see the mouse pointer on the TV although I believe there is a programme to get round that. There is also a nano-second delay when typing.

To be honest it isn't designed for that, more for streaming content such as films, Youtube, photos and videos from your phone/PC but general web browsing is also good.

You can also use apps such as pushbullet to show documents, photos etc to the TV.

For £30 it's an inexpensive way to enjoy things on the big screen. I stream football rather than pay for Skysports or Virginmedia sports.

Message 6 of 95

Anonymous
Not applicable
Cheers jonsie for your insight.

Much appreciated. slight_smile
Message 7 of 95

Anonymous
Not applicable

hey guys my friend has Chromcast and on his screen you never see pointer etc as he is streaming from his tablet and as for me i will be streaming from iphone so that will never be an issue and as for a nano delay that is fine as i will be looking at the big screen not phone. 

BOB i have a 52" HD back lit tv so i think it will be a good one I am off to buy the chrome cast today and yes matey i will let you know, slight_smile hope your all having a great weekend thus far 

Message 8 of 95

Anonymous
Not applicable
Cheers Jay

Look forward to your hands on thoughts.

I'm having a relaxed one thank you. And the same to you. slight_smile
Message 9 of 95

Anonymous
Not applicable

as long as youtube streams ok then thats ok as i do a lot of stuff via youtube I love my music jay with out music is like america without jelly peanut butter lol 

Message 10 of 95