Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Would anyone really fall for this

Anonymous
Not applicable
10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Due to the poverty in India I can quite believe it.

Like people are so believing in the uk.

Ie the recent threads we've been seeing about the £20 achieved from a text message. (Phone deal)

And the scam letters that come through the post and emails.

Sad society we have sometimes.
Message 2 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Gotta give him 10/10 for determination mind you!
Message 3 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
And a cuppa for the thirst he must have works up.
Message 4 of 11

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

Some people will easily fall for that scam, especially if they are desperate.

The thing I don't understand is that he is poor and has 'little formal education,' yet he has a mobile phone? Surely in countries like that, they don't value technology.  The things most important to them are priceless.

Similarly, I hate seeing pictures as it must be strange and upsetting for the people living there and seeing a production crew scramble over your livelihood, take pictures and an interview and then just disappear.  I turn over the TV when I see similar ads there as it is the same.

Message 5 of 11

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@gemz4the1 wrote:

The thing I don't understand is that he is poor and has 'little formal education,' yet he has a mobile phone? Surely in countries like that, they don't value technology.

Some of us forget that mobile phones were never intended for the poor in society!!!! :smileysad::smileysad:

There are a far higher proportion of seriously clever people in India than in the UK, it was them that taught the rest of us in the West how to calculate and use mathematics! Smiley Indifferent

Much of the technology you use today originated in the India and the Far East.

It was a Persian who taught us how to use the "zero" so we could add up more easily.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 6 of 11

gemz4the1
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

As with everywhere, there are contrasting places.

One city may have half of them who are technology geeks and very intelligent and the other half have no idea what a mobile phone is and have had no education.

Message 7 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
I think it's sad that people will try to scam others and it's always the ones who can least afford it, the poor or elderly who fall for it. I feel sorry for him.
Message 8 of 11

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@gemz4the1 wrote:

The thing I don't understand is that he is poor and has 'little formal education,' yet he has a mobile phone? Surely in countries like that, they don't value technology.

Your response infers that anyone in his country wouldn't understand the technology! Smiley Indifferent

Very condescending post, but I'll put it down to a lack of understanding . Smiley Frustrated

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 9 of 11

gemz4the1
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

No you read it wrong, or my words got mixed up.

I didn't intend to insult anybody, I simply made a point that some people do not value technology.  Some people have no education but they have a good work ethic.  Some people would prefer other items (necessary items) rather than technology.  An iPhone is worthless to some people.

Message 10 of 11