Word Hunt Diamond is back - Game 79 Tues 12 Oct 2021

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25209 Posts
  • 816 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Welcome to the Word Hunt Diamond - Game 79

The game is open to all members.

Each week, a grid of nine letters in a diamond will be posted.

The aim of the game is to find the target number of words [as in the source used for the game] using only the letters in the grid.

This week`s "diamond" is the game which had to be cancelled last week and is as follows:                    

D

E       F

H     A     I

N      O

S

This week`s target is 62 words - using only the letters in the diamond - including one 9-letter word.

I will be giving awards to players 

star star  - to the player who finds the nine-letter word

trophy trophy - to the player who finds the last word in the list in the source used for the game

dog diamond dog - to the player who finds the most words not in the list before the end of the game.

The rules:

Each word must contain four letters or more and must include the red letter A.

No proper names are allowed.

Scottish words and American spellings are allowed.

Each letter in the grid can only be used once in each word [for example, SEAS isn`t allowed]

Of course, words do not have to start with the red letter A

Only one word per post.

Please wait until someone else has posted before posting again.

PLEASE NOTE: I will have to STOP the game periodically so I can give updates of words found. Please be patient and wait whilst this is being done and hope it does not cause too much delay or disruption to the game. 

The Word Hunt Diamond game is open to all members.

I hope the Diamond Dogs of Words [thanks @pgn for the term] - those who have played in previous

Word Hunt Diamond games - including

@Cleoriff  @Anonymous  @BobM  @pgn  @Bambino  @gmarkj  @Projectionist  @MI5  @TallTrees  @RafaC 

@lewys-gp  @jonsie 

any member who has not played before or has not played for a while; and any new member will join in and play today`s WHD.

Can you, between you, not only find the 62 words in the list [in the source used for this game], and the

nine-letter word in this WHD game, but also find additional words not in the list ?

Good luck everyone and have fun...

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 1 of 170
169 REPLIES 169

Anonymous
Not applicable

GG all, well done to BobM for getting the last word, thanks @Mi-Amigo for the game.

Message 161 of 170

Mi-Amigo
  • 25209 Posts
  • 816 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you @Anonymous 

Pleased you enjoyed the game and well done - along with @pgn - finding the most words not in the list

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 162 of 170

BobM
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 4445 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Bit of a mammoth game that one with loads of strange words, I made it back for extra time.

Well done all who took part and thanks goes to @Mi-Amigo for keeping control of things. 

Message 163 of 170

Mi-Amigo
  • 25209 Posts
  • 816 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you @BobM 

Pleased you were able to join in the game and enjoyed it and well done on finding the last word in the list.

As you said, it was a bit of a mammoth game, especially with so many odd and unusual words being found.

What was odd this time, it was 16 posts after @Bambino posted IDEAS before IDEA was posted. Just shows that sometimes the obvious words pass even the Diamond Dogs of Words 😁

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 164 of 170

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123212 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

Good grief what a long game. Must be a record? Sorry I never made it back @Mi-Amigo ... events here stopped me logging back on until now 😂

Congrats @BobM  for finding the last word and well done @pgn and @Anonymous  for finding most words not on the list.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 165 of 170

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36294 Posts
  • 233 Topics
  • 1611 Solutions

Well done all - I thought when ANDS appeared, we were done, no BUTS about it - I was wrong, though. I went through looking for obvious plurals, didn't reverse that logic though - shoulda 😆

Thanks @Mi-Amigo - bet the dictionary pages were fairly flipping in your house at the end of this one today 📚😉

Message 166 of 170

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12125 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1128 Solutions

What a word to end on!

Well done for keeping that going, and for the word-master @Mi-Amigo for a great game.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 167 of 170

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10782 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 348 Solutions

Sorry couldn't join in ~ too much brain power over long period needed for me🤔

Well done everyone 👏

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 168 of 170

RafaC
Former Staff
  • 1774 Posts
  • 157 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

Thanks for yet another great game @Mi-Amigo!
Well done everyone!!

Message 169 of 170

Mi-Amigo
  • 25209 Posts
  • 816 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you @Cleoriff 

Sorry you couldn`t get back to the game, which was, indeed, a long one but not the record for taking the longest time to solve. 

Pleased you enjoyed the game and well done on finding the nine-letter word.

Thank you @pgn 

Dictionary checks on those words not in the list kept me busy.

Pleased you enjoyed the game and well done, along with @Anonymous , in finding the most words not in the list

Thank you @gmarkj 

Pleased you enjoyed the game and. as you said, what a word for it to end on 😁

Thank you @RafaC 

Pleased you enjoyed the game. Thanks for taking part.

Thank you @TallTrees 

Sorry you missed out and couldn`t join in due to being busy.

I hope you might get the chance to join in with a future WHD. 

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 170 of 170