Did you mean: 

Word Hunt Diamond - Tues 10 Aug 2021 - Postponed

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25143 Posts
  • 810 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

It is with the deepest regret that I have to inform the Diamond Dogs of Words

@Cleoriff  @Anonymous  @pgn  @Anonymous  @BobM  @gmarkj  @Projectionist  @Bambino  @MI5 

@TheresaV  @TallTrees  @jonsie  @LukasB 

- the regulars who take part in the Word Hunt Diamond

and those who joined in with previous games, including @madasaf1sh  @O2EmmaLouise  @Cairdeas 

that the Word Hunt Diamond game for Tuesday 10 August 2021 [tomorrow] has had to be postponed.

The reason is not due to illness [I`m fine]; not because of appointments or commitments; not because I do not want to run the Word Hunt Diamond.

The Word Hunt Diamond has had to be postponed because it would be impossible for me to run it in the way it has been run for the previous 71 games - due to the fact that, with the new format of the Community, the first post on the thread in repeated on each and every page. Over the weekend, I looked at various ways to try and overcome, or get round, this issue; but found this was impossible.

The issue of the first post being repeated on each and every page was first noticed by members of the Community within hours of the launch of the New Look and reported to Community Manager @Martin-O2 ; who informed the platform provider of this, and has reported that the issue is being investigated. Today, three working days after this was first reported, the issue still remains and has not been sorted.

Further to this, I discovered, this afternoon, that posts on topics are in a random order.

This would add further problems to trying to run the WHD. Posts would be out of sync, I would not be able to keep track of posts, and the regular updates would not appear at the top of each new page - as they had been in the past.

In the circumstances, I thought it was only a matter of courtesy to give as much advanced notice that the Word Hunt Diamond has had to be postponed.

The Word Hunt Diamond has become the first victim of the New Look Community.

The blame for the Word Hunt Diamond being postponed rests firmly on the shoulders of the platform provider, who have failed to address and correct the issue.

But rest assured everyone who enjoys taking part in the Word Hunt Diamond games, it is not the demise of one of the most popular games, which also attracts so many views from members who do not take part and promise that once issues have been sorted and the forum, threads and posts return to an easy to manage and use system, then the Word Hunt Diamond will return.

Until then, I want to thank each and everyone of you who has taken part in Word Hunt Diamond of which I am proud and so love running.

mi-amigo-community3.jpg

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122895 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

Should be time for WHD to start @Mi-Amigo  and I am fuming.

Here's a 9 letter word to tell you what this is..... CATACLYSM confounded

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 19

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35913 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1589 Solutions

Without repeating letters, @Cleoriff, this leaves me WRETCHING 😑

Message 12 of 19

Cleoriff
  • 122895 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

I looked not to repeat letters @pgn but couldn't find one. I came up with POPPYCOCK last night and thought that will do.... 3 P's and a C/o/c/k. 😡

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 19

Mi-Amigo
  • 25143 Posts
  • 810 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Past Weeks:

Tuesday Morning...

08.15 - 08.30 am  Word Hunt Diamond normally posted

approx 08.35 am  first post in WHD is normally posted

Today

Tuesday Morning

No WHD

Silence... 

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 14 of 19

Cleoriff
  • 122895 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@Mi-Amigo wrote:

Past Weeks:

Tuesday Morning...

08.15 - 08.30 am  Word Hunt Diamond normally posted

approx 08.35 am  first post in WHD is normally posted

Today

Tuesday Morning

No WHD

Silence... 

And it's all a load of poop

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 15 of 19

Projectionist
Level 12: Nimble
  • 275 Posts
  • 18 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

Well said, @Mi-Amigo 

Using Pixel 4 ( O2 + 1pMobile) , Samsung E1182 ( geosim + dtac)
Message 16 of 19

Projectionist
Level 12: Nimble
  • 275 Posts
  • 18 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

I wasn't much good at it, but I miss WHD 😓

Using Pixel 4 ( O2 + 1pMobile) , Samsung E1182 ( geosim + dtac)
Message 17 of 19

Cleoriff
  • 122895 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@ProjectionistIt was only cancelled for one week. @Mi-Amigo ran it last week with very few problems. There will be another one tomorrow. Every Tuesday am if you want to join in.  The more the merrier. ❤️

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 18 of 19

Mi-Amigo
  • 25143 Posts
  • 810 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I hope you can join in with tomorrow`s [Tuesday 24 August] Word Hunt Diamond game @Projectionist 

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 19 of 19