Did you mean: 

Word Hunt Diamond - Advanced Notice - 100th Game

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25203 Posts
  • 816 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

diamond-on-blue.jpg

Every week, on Tuesday morning, a grid of nine letters in a diamond shape is posted       

A 

B      C   

D      E      F  

G      H

I

[for illustration purposes only - this is NOT a Word Hunt Diamond Game]

The aim of the game is to find the target number of words [as in the source used for the game] using only the letters in the grid - including one 9-letter word and all words must be four letters or more and must

include the red-letter.

Next Tuesday - 08 March 2022 - is the 100th Word Hunt Diamond Game.

The Word Hunt Diamond [WHD] was "born" on 27 August 2019 and has become one of the most popular games on the O2 Community. 

Each game attracts over 100 views and now has a regular band of wordsmiths - the Diamond Dogs Of Words - as named by pgn - who take part each week or as often as they can.

To celebrate the 100th WHD, there will be a special edition next Tuesday which might well be a challenge.

I hope all our usual wordsmiths, plus those who have taken part in past WHD games

- including @Cleoriff @pgn @gmarkj @Bambino @TallTrees @J9el @BobM @Projectionist @lewys-gp 

@jonsie @Martin-O2 @MI5 

and any member who has never taken part, or new members will come and join in the fun.

WHD Fun Facts...

Since WHD began, the players have found...

- over 6000 words in the target lists of words in total in the 99 WHD games so far

- over 2000 words not in the list but in dictionaries - so allowed - in total in the 99 WHD games so far

completed the fastest WHD game in just over one hour.  

So please

write WHD 100th Game Tuesday 08 March 2022 in your diary; put an alert on your phone; stick a note on you fridge; carve a message on your desk at work [No, better not do that one 😂 ]

I look forward to welcoming every one next Tuesday to the 100th WHD.

A huge thank you to everyone who has helped make WHD the success it has been and I promise that WHD will continue for as long as members of the O2 Community want it. 

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123177 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

Looking forward to the 100th game @Mi-Amigo 

Enjoyed the fun facts. What a lot of words have been found!!

Had to smile at the stat which showed the fastest game was completed in just over an hour. Those days appear long gone now yahoo

I will be ready for the game next week. Luckily, I'm in a position where I can avoid any other commitments on a Tuesday, so I'll be ready, willing and able (hopefully) 😂

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 21

Mi-Amigo
  • 25203 Posts
  • 816 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you @Cleoriff for your post and kind words.

Yes it`s been amazing how many words the wordsmiths/Diamond Dogs of Words have found, including the staggering number not in the lists, which I had to check to see if they were in dictionaries and valid 😂 - which kept me busy on more than one occasion.

It`s a pity that recent games have taken much longer than they used to and hope that more people will be able to take part on Tuesday and also stay around for longer so as to move the game along at a steady pace.

I`m pleased you will be taking part.

No matter what, I think that Tuesday`s WHD 100th edition will be fun - which was, and always will be, the aim of the game.  

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 3 of 21

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36249 Posts
  • 231 Topics
  • 1604 Solutions

Looking forward to next week's Century Celebration of the Forum's WHD - over 6000 'found' listed words, not counting an additional third of that total Not In The List of answers... 

Thank you for all this, @Mi-Amigo!

Message 4 of 21

Cleoriff
  • 123177 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

Yes, in my post above, I forgot to thank the Quizmaster in Chief @Mi-Amigo. Superb amount of work to provide us with all the quizzes which help make the week fun, as well as keeping our brains active. 🤗

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 21

Mi-Amigo
  • 25203 Posts
  • 816 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you @pgn .

I`m pleased you are looking forward to the 100th edition of the WHD and will be taking part.

Thank you @Cleoriff 

It has been, and is, an honour and a privilege to search out and run the Word Hunt Diamond Game and the White Room Quiz. I get an enormous amount of pleasure out of each and every game/quiz, which helps to keep me occupied and the old brain ticking over, but more importantly that each and everyone of the folks who takes part enjoys them and has fun.

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 6 of 21

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12117 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1126 Solutions

Those are some big numbers for the number of words found. You'll wear out your dictionary @Mi-Amigo !

Look forward to seeing what letters we get next week. I think it will be a difficult one in celebration of the milestone...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 7 of 21

Mi-Amigo
  • 25203 Posts
  • 816 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you @gmarkj 

My dictionary is bearing up well in the circumstances 😂 . As for next Tuesday`s landmark 100th WHD, let`s just say it might be a challenge - with a surprise...

Hope you will be able to join in. 

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 8 of 21

Mi-Amigo
  • 25203 Posts
  • 816 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just bumped this thread so it goes on the first page - as gentle reminder to all the wordsmiths and Diamond Dogs of Words including

@Cleoriff @pgn @gmarkj @Bambino @TallTrees @J9el @BobM @RafaC @lewys-gp @MI5 @jonsie @Martin-O2 

and anyone else...

Tomorrow`s WHD is the 100th game - it will be a challenge and will need as many as possible taking part.

Please come and join the fun.

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 9 of 21

Cleoriff
  • 123177 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

I'll be there @Mi-Amigo. Pen and notepad at the ready 😂

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 21