White Room Quiz Wed 31 Aug 2022 - Summer Edition

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25238 Posts
  • 819 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Welcome to

MiAmigo_0-1661929226184.png

There are two White Room Quizzes each week - one on Monday and one on Wednesday.

Today`s White Room Quiz is part of the

Summer on the O2 Community ‌🌞

with 8  Summer-related questions.

The White Room Quiz is open to all members.

Those wishing to take part must pm me - @Mi-Amigo  - their answers between 12 noon today [Wednesday] and 11.59pm tomorrow [Thursday].

Please do not post your answers on the thread.

I hope our regular quizzers

@Cleoriff   @pgn   @jonsie   @gmarkj   @MI5   @TallTrees   @Spenny   @adec   @Comben   @J9el 

@Breanna   @RafaC 

and any member, who has taken part in the past or has never taken part, and any new members will join in with today`s White Room Quiz.

TODAY`S EIGHT QUESTIONS

Q1 PLACES - Castel Gandalfo is who`s summer residence ?

Q2 LITERATURE - In Shakespeare`s Midsummer Night`s Dream, who is King of the Fairies ?

Q3 WORDS - Summer Solstice is the day with the longest period of sunlight. What did the Latin word

solstice literally mean ?

Q4 MOVIES - In the 1960s movie Summer Holiday, which country did Cliff Richard and his friends finally

reach in the London bus ?

Q5 TV - In the British TV sit-com Last Of The Summer Wine, what was the name of the character played

by Brian Wilde ?

Q6 ART - The Summer Exhibition is held annually in which London art gallery ?

Q7 SPORT - Which city will host the 2024 Summer Olympics ?

Q8 EVENTS - Sumardagurinun Fyrst, literally meaning First Day of Summer, is an annual public holiday

in which country ?

The White Room Quiz is open to all members of the Community.

Those who want to take part must send a pm [private message] to me [Mi-Amigo] with their answers between 12 noon today [Wed 31 Aug 2022] and 23.59 [11.59pm] tomorrow [Thurs 01 Sep 2022] - allowing 36 hours to pm your answers.

Please do not post your answers on the thread.

The answers - and results for each player taking part - will be posted on Friday 02 Sept 2022

Each member will be awarded star.pngfor each correct answer. In addition, Thinkers will be awarded as follows

MiAmigo_2-1661929227612.png

THE RULES

Each member must pm [private message] their answers to me [Mi-Amigo] after 12 noon today [Wed 31 Aug 2022] and before 23.59 [11.59pm] tomorrow [Thurs 01 Sept 2022].

No member is to post any answer on the thread.

Any answer received after 23.59 [11.59pm] on Thurs 01 Sept 2022 will be declared void.

No googling, wiki, youtube search for answers.

The White Room Quiz is open to all members.

New members, who have recently joined the Community, and members who have not taken part before, are welcome to join the "regulars" with this week`s quiz. 

Please feel free to post any comments on the questions - but not the answers - on this thread.

If you have any questions about the quiz, please ask and I will reply here.

I hope everyone likes the questions in today`s White Room Quiz, and finds this WRQ fun.

Good luck, everyone

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 1 of 36
35 REPLIES 35

RafaC
Former Staff
  • 1774 Posts
  • 157 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

Glad to heat that it's working again @Mi-Amigo 
Although I didn't do well this time, I truly enjoyed the summer-themed questions ☀️

Message 31 of 36

Spenny
Level 16: Talkative
  • 341 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 27 Solutions

@pgn 🤣🤣

Phone: Motorola G100, 128GB, Android 12, SIMO 20Gb
Broadband: Virgin 350Mb, Tp-Link Router - Deco S4
-----------------------------------------------------------------
We are a community of customers and cannot access your account.
To contact O2 click here for O2 Social Media Links
Message 32 of 36

J9el
Level 9: Fired up
  • 965 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Sorry I missed out this time @Mi-Amigo

Message 33 of 36

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25238 Posts
  • 819 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@RafaC wrote:

I knew I wasn't going to perform well this time... anyway, thanks @Mi-Amigo for this last great summer activity on the community and well done everyone!

@Mi-Amigo I've noticed you had to adapt the way you post the answers and awards, do you reckon it was an issue with the community platform?

Thanks @RafaC 

The issue is with the Community platform.

I did a test - copied question from quiz and attempted to paste in Google search, It worked.

But when copying text, it won`t paste on forum.

When I came back on and replied to posts, I did test again on forum - and problem seemed to be solved

- but now the problem is back and I can`t copy and paste. 

btw - I cleared caches, hstory, etc and all the usual things which have been suggested when problems with other issues in the past, and nothing has solved this. Note - it isn`t a problem when I try and copy and paste elsewhere.

Typically a problem arises on a Friday so nothing is gonna get done until next week. 

Annoying - as it means so much more work for me with posting the initial WRQ and WHD threads and then with the results - not happy.

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 34 of 36

RafaC
Former Staff
  • 1774 Posts
  • 157 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

Sorry to hear that you're facing the same thing again @Mi-Amigo, I will drop a PM now to get more info about it. 

Message 35 of 36

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Good mix of summer questions there @Mi-Amigo 

Don't know how you come up with all these questions thumbsup

Message 36 of 36