White Room Quiz Mon 28 Jun 2021

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25348 Posts
  • 830 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Welcome to

white-room-quiz2.png

There are two White Room Quizzes each week - one on Monday and one on Wednesday.

Today`s White Room Quiz is eight questions - with two questions on each of these categories 

GEOGRAPHY   SPACE    ART   EVENTS

The White Room Quiz is open to all members.

Those wishing to take part must pm me - @Mi-Amigo  - with their answers between 12 noon today [Monday] and 11.59pm tomorrow [Tuesday].

Please do not post your answers on the thread.

I hope our regular quizzers

@Cleoriff  @pgn  @jonsie  @gmarkj  @MI5  @TallTrees  @BobM  @O2EmmaLouise  @TheresaV 

@LukasB   @Martin-O2 

and any member, who has taken part in the past or has never taken part, and any new members will join in with today`s White Room Quiz.

TODAY`S EIGHT QUESTIONS

Q1 GEOGRAPHY 1  What is the name of the second longest river in Italy ?

Q2 SPACE 1    Claudie Andre-Deshays was the first woman in space from which country ?

Q3 ART 1        Where [city and country] is "Mannekin Pis", statue of a small boy ?

Q4 EVENT 1     In which year was 1st January first celebrated as a national public holiday in England ?

Q5 GEOGRAPHY 2  Amsterdam Island is in which ocean ?

Q6 SPACE 2     Europa is a satellite [moon] of which planet in our solar system ?

Q7 ART 2         What is the name of the largest art gallery in Russia, situated in St Petersburg ?

Q8 EVENTS 2   In which English county is the Aldeburgh Festival held ?

The White Room Quiz is open to all members of the Community.

Those who want to take part must pm [private message] me [Mi-Amigo] with their answers between 12 noon today [Mon 28 June 2021] and 23.59 [11.59pm] tomorrow [Tues 29 June 2021]

- allowing 36 hours to pm your answers.

Please do not post your answers on the thread.

PLEASE NOTE: as I have a hospital appointment on Wed morning [30 June], the answers, results, and

awards for each member taking part, will be posted on my return and will be later than normal.

Each member will be awarded star for each correct answer. In addition, each member who gives

EIGHT correct answers               SIX correct answers                     FOUR correct answers

will be awarded                       will be awarded                          will be awarded

silver-thinker.jpg                 bronze-thinker-crop.jpg                        red-thinker.jpg

SILVER THINKER                     BRONZE THINKER                             RED THINKER

THE RULES

Each member must pm [private message] their answers to me [Mi-Amigo] after 12 noon today [Mon 28 June 2021] and before 23.59 [11.59pm] tomorrow [Tues 29 June 2021].

No member is to post any answer on the thread.

Any answer received after 23.59 [11.59pm] on Tues 29 June 2021 will be declared void.

No googling, wiki, youtube search for answers.

The White Room Quiz is open to all members.

New members, who have recently joined the Community, and members who have not taken part before, are welcome to join the "regulars" with this week`s quiz. 

Please feel free to post any comments on the questions - but not the answers - on this thread.

If you have any questions about the quiz, please ask and I will reply here.

I hope everyone likes the questions in today`s White Room Quiz, and finds this WRQ fun.

Good luck, everyone

@Mi-Amigo  

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 1 of 50
49 REPLIES 49

Mi-Amigo
  • 25348 Posts
  • 830 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you @jonsie 

like [?] the gif

pm with your 8 answers received

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 21 of 50

TallTrees
Level 50: Versatile
  • 11028 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 362 Solutions
Hi @Mi-Amigo
I didn't read your note about Wednesday
I wish you well, too, with your hospital appointment no problems with later results...my answers will be in tomorrow......see you later Wednesday...😊

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 22 of 50

Mi-Amigo
  • 25348 Posts
  • 830 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you @TallTrees for your good wishes for my hospital appointment on Wed.

Look forward to pm with your answers tomorrow

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 23 of 50

Mi-Amigo
  • 25348 Posts
  • 830 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you everyone who has sent me pm with their answers - much appreciated.

Gentle reminder to @pgn and @TallTrees and anyone else who would like to have a go at this quiz.

There is still plenty of time - up to 11.59pm tonight [Tues] to pm me @Mi-Amigo with your answers.

Look forward to hearing from you

Good luck

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 24 of 50

Mi-Amigo
  • 25348 Posts
  • 830 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

**IMPORTANT NOTICE**

As I have mentioned previously, I have a hospital appointment on Wednesday which means the results of this Monday`s WRQ will be late.

However, this created another problem.

The questions for Wednesdays WRQ would also be posted later than normal.

As this isn't fair to anyone who takes part as it would limit the time to get your answers to me, I have decided a workround.

I have asked @Cleoriff to post the questions for me.

@Cleoriff will not gain any advantage as I intend to send her the questions on Weds Morning before I leave for the hospital.

So she will get to see the questions just before you do. This will be her only involvement.

All answers will be sent as usual to me. I will of course let everyone know when I am back.

Thanks

Mi-Amigo.

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 25 of 50

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 124225 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

I'm perfectly happy to do this @Mi-Amigo 

I'm sure people will forgive me if it doesn't follow the same format with pictures and stars etc....I will be posting the questions and making sure all PM's go to YOU not me .....as I will have no blumming idea of the answers....rofl

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 26 of 50

jonsie
  • 93271 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

I'm sure people will forgive me if it doesn't follow the same format with pictures and stars etc....I will be posting the questions and making sure all PM's go to YOU not me .....as I will have no blumming idea of the answers....rofl

We want stars and pictures!! clown

Message 27 of 50

Cleoriff
  • 124225 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

Oh just pee off you twozza. Bet the forum filter allowed that Pfffttt rofl

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 28 of 50

TallTrees
Level 50: Versatile
  • 11028 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 362 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

Oh just pee off you twozza. Bet the forum filter allowed that Pfffttt rofl

Good God fighting already Children   LOL

edited to add 'cos I forgot

My answers (such as they are to the June 28th quiz) are on their way to @Mi-Amigo 

pm box.

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 29 of 50

Mi-Amigo
  • 25348 Posts
  • 830 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you @TallTrees 

pm with your 8 answers received

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 30 of 50