cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The "What Are You Listening To Right Now" Thread

Anonymous
Not applicable

I was looking for this all over the place but I couldn't find it! Every forum should have one of these! slight_smile

So, here we go!

Billy Talent - Red Flag

YOUR TURN! grin

Message 1 of 5,000
4,999 REPLIES 4,999

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Ah Lisa Stansfield - her mellow toned strong voice ... is it true she is Gracie Fields granddaughter / great  granddaughter? ... listened to her when I lived for more years than I wished to in a district of Rochdale ... me & some relatives would sing some of Gracie's trademark songs loud as we were striding out in town Bouncy

Lisa Stansfield is quality, she deserves more hits than she has to date imhho (humble/honest) 

I haven’t heard that she’s related to GF, nothing on wiki but anything’s possible I guess.

Always been a fan of hers, and I like the fact her/her label

keep releasing stuff despite the lack of perceived interest!

Message 61 of 5,000

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Ah Lisa Stansfield - her mellow toned strong voice ... is it true she is Gracie Fields granddaughter / great  granddaughter? ... listened to her when I lived for more years than I wished to in a district of Rochdale ... me & some relatives would sing some of Gracie's trademark songs loud as we were striding out in town Bouncy

Lisa Stansfield is quality, she deserves more hits than she has to date imhho (humble/honest) 

I haven’t heard that she’s related to GF, nothing on wiki but anything’s possible I guess.

I have done what I should have done first ... ie ... used Google ... Gracie Fields was born Gracie Stansfield ... sorry about 'bothering' you @Anonymous when I could & should have answered my own question ... you have good taste in music @Anonymous music

Message 62 of 5,000

Cleoriff
  • 122890 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

There was a rumour she was Gracie Fields great niece. Just wishful thinking though as they both came from Lancashire...innocent

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 63 of 5,000

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I have done what I should have done first ... ie ... used Google ... Gracie Fields was born Gracie Stansfield ... sorry about 'bothering' you @Anonymous when I could & should have answered my own question ... you have good taste in music @Anonymous music

Bother me all you like

ps  it ain’t no bother 😉

Message 64 of 5,000

Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh lord.. THIS just came on the radio.. amazing lyrics.

I was walking in the park

Dreaming of a spark
When I heard the sprinklers whisper
Shimmer in the haze of summer lawns.
Then I heard the children singing
They were running through the rainbows.
They were singing a song for you
Well it seemed to be a song for you
The one I wanted to write for you

Message 65 of 5,000

Cleoriff
  • 122890 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Without looking at the links I can tell you that's Lavender by Fish out of Marillion...

Love it...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 66 of 5,000

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122890 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Just checked Thank goodness. My lads were big big Marillion fans...wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 67 of 5,000

jonsie
  • 93213 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6969 Solutions

My lads had the Marillion CD with their greatest hits. I enjoyed listening to it. How come most of these greatest hits albums have half a dozen rock solid hits and the rest made up of 'B' sides?

Disclaimer

Except for Queen, The Beatles, Bowie, Neil Damond, Meatloaf, Rod Stewart BeeGees and a few various other bands/stars

Message 68 of 5,000

Cleoriff
  • 122890 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

My lads had the Marillion CD with their greatest hits. I enjoyed listening to it. How come most of these greatest hits albums have half a dozen rock solid hits and the rest made up of 'B' sides?

Disclaimer

Except for Queen, The Beatles, Bowie, Neil Damond, Meatloaf, Rod Stewart BeeGees and a few various other bands/stars

You forgot The Who.....shakes head in amazement @jonsie wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 69 of 5,000

jonsie
  • 93213 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6969 Solutions