Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The X-Factor

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
So I decided to start watching again now that Louis Walsh is gone, love him though I did, and there are 3 new judges. Interesting we have Mr and Mrs Robbie Williams. Why? Anyway hopefully with Louis gone, we'll no longer see the weird and wonderful acts he put through which were truly dreadful. Honey G anyone!

So who's watching and what do you think of the acts put through so far? A couple were amazing, I thought.
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 1 of 264
263 REPLIES 263

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Yes that's exactly what I thought 😂🤣

Message 11 of 264

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

Seems to be the RW & Wife love-in now, even botox-man is being eclipsed. You just knew that in the first show Robbie would be up on stage. I'm not his greatest fan but my wife doted on him....maybe that's why I I wasn't over-enamoured with him tongue_winking He was much better in his younger days though and maybe he is getting past his sell-by date? I'm not keen at all on the OneDirection guy, too soppy by half!

It's ruined by the adverts after every act which is why I record it but it's annoying keep whizzing through all the filler.

I agree there have been some good talent so far though and yes, the ones mentioned have been worth watching so let's hope we eventually get more of the same.

Message 12 of 264

Cleoriff
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

I think those auditions were filmed during our hottest summer. Robbie's wife also had a fan....

As for Robbie being past his sell by date @jonsie? I don't think so. Tickets for his concerts sell out within seconds of going on sale. wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 264

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
No Robbie is no way past his sell by date. He's definitely still got it in my book. Love the man and how he turned his life around.

Yes, the adverts are a pain, so I also record it @jonsie. And on my DVR I can set it to skip adverts by so many seconds/minutes. So I've set it for 2 minutes, as adverts are between 4-6 minutes long, generally.

Message 14 of 264

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

So, just watched my recording of this evening's show.

The last singer, in my opinion, stole the show. Yet another brilliant Philippina singer. The question was asked if they all sing in the Philippines, well it would certainly appear so, I've yet to see one who couldn't sing!

As for the others, I really liked the 2 young girls, 14 and 15 years old. I couldn't get up on stage at that age and perform, so, impressive. Of the 2, the 14 year old had the better singing voice, but together they were fantastic. Simon is good at what he does, most of the time.

Now Ivo, what was Simon, Robbie and Mrs Robbie thinking? I'm with Louis, that was way too weird for me. And, unfortunately he may just get through, God help us.

Also impressed with the transgender boy, good vocal. Interested in seeing more of him.

Can't wait to see what tomorrow night brings.

Message 15 of 264

Cleoriff
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

I sat with my arms folded when the lass from the Phillipines started to sing Purple Rain. One of my all time favourite songs. I thought 'go on lady just ruin this if you dare'. She didn't, absolutely excellent.

Yes the 14 and 15 year old girls Simon put together were also good.

Not sure about the transgender lad. Just get a feeling if it wasn't for his back story he wouldn't have got through.

As for that lunatic Ivo.... it appears Louis Walsh hasn't been forgotten. There you have the 'comedy' act.

On the other hand, and completely off topic from the X Factor, I am just watching Roger Waters (Pink Floyd) brilliant film The Wall. Superb.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 16 of 264

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Yes, I did wonder about the song choice of Purple Rain. But she smashed it, and it's one of my favourite songs too.

I liked the transgender boy's voice, though I do agree his back story got him through. Don't know how far he'll get as his voice isn't that strong, but we'll see.

I've heard of The Wall but not seen it. Must look out for it, as it sounds interesting.

Message 17 of 264

jonsie
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

Can all Filipinos sing? mm....If you've ever been to Karaoke night in Manilla then you would be very disappointed. You might get one good singer in 25, someone who turns your attention away from the San Miguel and the denim-shorted lasses! Mind you, the young girl tonight was excellent as were the other two teens.

I agree with @Cleoriff that the transgender lad was nothing special but as with all the 'token' acts, their story makes good TV... in the makers' opinions. Cue the disgraceful display by 'Ivo'.... I'd rather eat my other leg than watch his lewd act again. Sorry but this series has sunk to a new low.

Message 18 of 264

Cleoriff
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@Glory1

There are two versions of The Wall. One is purely a concert, this one is a documentary and concert.

Based on Roger Waters personal journey to find the grave of his grandfather who was one of millions lost in the war.

The concert part of it is epic, based on the fall of the Iron Curtain and the Berlin Wall. Absolutely stunning special effects and a great deal of animated sequences by Gerald Scarfe, the concert was played in front of one of the largest crowds I've seen. A very emotional experience.

If you love Pink Floyd and their music, this is a must see. It was recorded in 2015 and is available from Amazon. (where else?) Roger Waters.The Wall

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 19 of 264

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Glory1

There are two versions of The Wall. One is purely a concert, this one is a documentary and concert.

Based on Roger Waters personal journey to find the grave of his grandfather who was one of millions lost in the war.

The concert part of it is epic, based on the fall of the Iron Curtain and the Berlin Wall. Absolutely stunning special effects and a great deal of animated sequences by Gerald Scarfe, the concert was played in front of one of the largest crowds I've seen. A very emotional experience.

If you love Pink Floyd and their music, this is a must see. It was recorded in 2015 and is available from Amazon. (where else?) Roger Waters.The Wall

Thanks for the heads up @Cleoriff. Just ordered it from Amazon. I do love Pink Floyd and their music, and I think Gerald Scarfe is amazing.  And reading the blurb, I know I'll get emotional watching it. 

Message 20 of 264