Did you mean: 

The White Room Thursday Quiz 29 Aug 2019

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25121 Posts
  • 808 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Advanced notice:

The White Room Thursday Quiz is open to all members.

The next White Room Thursday Quiz will be on Thursday 29 August 2019. 

To give new members, and those who have not played or are unfamiliar with the quiz, some idea of the questions, I can reveal that, over the weekend, I chose six questions for the next White Room Thursday Quiz - on 29 August - from these categories:

- history; sport [football]; words; literature; geography; music - so there may well be a question to which you might know the answer.

Each week, a contestant is chosen at random by @EmilieT. So why not put your name forward?

Please pm me [ @Mi-Amigo ] with your name and I will add it to the list of members who have already been a contestant - @Cleoriff ; @jezza1234 ; @pgn and @gmarkj - for this week`s quiz.

The questions and the contestant will be announced on Wednesday 28 August.

Even if you are not to be a contestant, you can, as others do, play along with the quiz.

Thanks for the interest and support for the White Room Thursday Quiz.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask on this thread or pm me and will reply.   

@Mi-Amigo 

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122772 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

If you have no one new coming forward, then you will have to go on repeat of those who have had a turn...innocent

By the way, I prefer the walking elephant in your signature.....Looks great. thumbsup

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 33

Mi-Amigo
  • 25121 Posts
  • 808 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

If you have no one new coming forward, then you will have to go on repeat of those who have had a turn...innocent

By the way, I prefer the walking elephant in your signature.....Looks great. thumbsup

Thanks for the reply @Cleoriff 

As you mentioned, if no-one else comes forward, then the names of those who have been a contestant will be re-entered into the draw and again drawn at random by @EmilieT. So won`t necessarily be in the same order as previously.

Oh and thanks for the comment on the walking elephant with my signature. I thought the jungle was a bit OTT and with our little Hope thought the walking elephant was more appropriate.  

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 3 of 33

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35750 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1579 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Yep @Mi-Amigo,  I agree with @Cleoriff, the walking elephant in your .sig looks very cool, on a par with @jonsie's flag of Thailand, I think.

Then again, I'm bananas, so what do I know Astounded

Message 4 of 33

Mi-Amigo
  • 25121 Posts
  • 808 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@pgn wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

Yep @Mi-Amigo,  I agree with @Cleoriff, the walking elephant in your .sig looks very cool, on a par with @jonsie's flag of Thailand, I think.

Then again, I'm bananas, so what do I know Astounded

Thanks @pgn  Glad you like the elephant and yes I did get the idea from @jonsie `s flag thumbsup

You could always add an animated banana to your sig Good Idea

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 5 of 33

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35750 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1579 Solutions

Animate bananas, you get this: Banana

Probably best left inanimate, the banana... Good Idea

As for drawing on bananas for inspiration... 

Message 6 of 33

Mi-Amigo
  • 25121 Posts
  • 808 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

for @pgn 

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 7 of 33

Cleoriff
  • 122772 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

@Mi-Amigo wrote:

for @pgn 

Oh my god...My eyes are crossing....cool

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 33

Mi-Amigo
  • 25121 Posts
  • 808 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

for @Cleoriff 

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 9 of 33

Cleoriff
  • 122772 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

@Mi-Amigo wrote:

for @Cleoriff 

Thanks @Mi-Amigo 

As much as I love it, I'll pass. It really does make my eyes go weird. Brilliant though cool

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 33