Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thank You!!

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

As you all know I was recently admitted to hospital and I would just like to thank you for the well wishes and a special thanks to those of you kind enough to send cards and gifts to the hospital.

Due to a mixture of circumstances I didn't get all your cards until the morning I was deemed well enough to be discharged.

I had problems for a couple of  weeks of feeling unwell culminating in my neighbour coming over one day when she was concerned about the blinds still being closed mid afternoon. She kindly helped me get up and dressed before ringing the 111 helpline.

As I was struggling for breath and had a dry cough they ordered an ambulance for me.

It was a bizarre set of circumstance:

• I was admitted to an assessment ward in a side room and had xrays taken along with a COV-ID19 test
  • The following morning, as the test was negative and the x-ray showed I had pneumonia, I was transferred to a general ward
  • That same evening, the doctor had another look at the x-ray and decided that the symptoms were consistent with COV-ID19 and that the test may have been a false negative so another test was done and I was transferred to a side room in a COV-ID19 ward.
  • The next morning, after the test again came back negative once more, I was transferred back to the same general ward in the same side room and treated for pneumonia

That is where I spent  days before being discharged after consultations with the brilliant medical staff.

It's no surprise therefore that I didn't get the cards and care package until that last day.

If it wasn't for @Cleoriff phoning the hospital and chasing the whereabouts of the cards, I would probably still be waiting for them

I'm still not 100% which is why I've been missing of late from the community but I just wanted to thank everyone on here. There are some lovely people on the community and not forgetting the admin team who also showed concern and sent a card.

Thanks again to each and every one of you, you know who you are Hero

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Lovely to hear from you @jonsie kissing_heart

Wishing you a speedy and sustained recovery.

Message 11 of 13

blissgirl
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 7228 Posts
  • 46 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
Glad to see to see you back posting again hope you get well soon slight_smile @jonsie
iPhone 15 plus 128Gb light pink (with Vodafone) slight_smile
Message 12 of 13

ComaChameleon
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 2206 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Glad you're (almost) well again @jonsie  slight_smile

iPhone 14 Pro Max * 128 GB * Deep Purple * unlocked
iPad Pro 11" wifi * 128 GB * silver + Apple Pencil 2
Apple Watch Series 5 Nike+ (& Series 2)
MacBook Pro 15" 2018 + Magic Mouse 2
Apple TV 4K + HD
Home Pod white + mini

Mobile history:
Alcatel One Touch Easy * Nokia 3310 * Siemens A60 * Siemens SL65 * Nokia 6230i * Nokia 6300i * Apple iPhone 3GS (used) * iPhone 3GS (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 4S (used) * iPhone 4S (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 6 * iPhone 7 * iPhone XR * iPhone 12 Pro Max * iPhone 14 Pro Max
Message 13 of 13